Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
Marzzz

Moog Scorpion

Post by Marzzz » Fri May 24, 2013 6:22 pm

Voltor07

Re: Moog Scorpion

Post by Voltor07 » Fri May 24, 2013 8:38 pm

Scorpion in the box?
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

Marzzz

Post by Marzzz » Fri May 24, 2013 8:42 pm

No, it fell from the ceiling right on to the box- a moment sooner and it would have landed right on me! The eerie thing is this is the third time I have had a close encounter with a scorpion while dealing with my Voyager. Amos if you are reading this, don't worry, I didn't include it in the shipment!

Box

Post by Box » Mon May 27, 2013 9:06 pm

Bug spray is your friend. Ewww, I hate bugs...

Marzzz

Post by Marzzz » Tue May 28, 2013 2:12 pm

Scorpions laugh at bug spray, doesn't bother them at all.

EricK

Post by EricK » Wed May 29, 2013 3:40 am

Bacon Tongs + Toilet Bowl = Scorpion killers.

I've stepped on one with bare feet before, luckily she had her tail coiled up. I've been fortunate to have never been stung by one.

Funny video!
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

thealien666

Post by thealien666 » Wed May 29, 2013 3:05 pm

Yikes !!! :shock:
Moog Minimoog D (1975)
DSI OB6
DSI Prophet REV2
Oberheim Matrix-6
Ensoniq SQ-80
Korg DW8000
Behringer DeepMind 12
Alesis Ion

thealien666

Post by thealien666 » Wed May 29, 2013 3:11 pm

Did I see right ? You've colored your big toenails red ?

Is that some kind of tactics to repel scorpions ? :lol:

Personally, I wouldn't walk barefoot in a house that can have scorpions dropping from the ceiling... :mrgreen:

(I'm only kidding, of course :roll: )
Moog Minimoog D (1975)
DSI OB6
DSI Prophet REV2
Oberheim Matrix-6
Ensoniq SQ-80
Korg DW8000
Behringer DeepMind 12
Alesis Ion

Marzzz

Post by Marzzz » Fri May 31, 2013 8:08 pm

The orange toenails belong to my wife; she is completely unafraid of scorpions, as you can tell from her so calmly capturing it. I was standing well away, practically in the next room. The weird thing is that scorpions are nocturnal, the fact that this one was out and about in the middle of the day tells me it was hiding out in one of the ceiling high-hat light fixtures- when I turned it on (which I don't usually do during the day) it must have been trying to escape the heat, went across the ceiling but couldn't hang on. It is probably a coincidence that it almost fell directly on me, but it absolutely freaked me out because it was the last thing I would have expected, and I am pretty baseline jumpy to begin with. Bark scorpions are the only scorpions that are actually able to climb; they also happen to be the only poisonous scorpions in North America, and their main habitat just happens to be the Sonoran Southwest, including Arizona. This particular scorpion was too big to be a bark scorpion (it was 4 inches in length!!!), and it has a thick tail- bark scorpions have a weird, thin tail. Larger scorpions are not as dangerous as the smaller ones (1-1.5 inches), and the really big ones (giant hairy desert scorpions- 6" or more in length!) are actually relatively harmless and don't usually enter houses.

At night, I have a pair of flip-flops by my bedside for walking around. We also keep a very powerful UV blacklight handy (scorpions glow eerie green). My house backs up to natural open desert, but we only seem to see one scorpion per year inside the house.

btw- if Moog wants to name a future product the "Moog Scorpion," they certainly have my permission!

hooshirn

Post by hooshirn » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:02 pm

It's and old Ninja trick they can be very annoying at times
I recommend you go out and buy and economy size can of Ninja repellent, just my two cents
Voyager XL, Minitaur,Theremen+, Fooger's, Midi delay and Midi murf, Freq box X 2, Ring mod, 101 Filter, Novation ultra station, ZR 76, MC808, Bent Casio's, 3 Speak and Spell's , M audio black box,Korg Monotribe, Ipad's with Animoog, Filtron on and on..