Page 1 of 1

Voyager grounding issues

Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:48 am
by jupiter
So I finally bought this amazing Voyager EB (early versions I think), and I am having some issues.

I found that no matter to which power outlet in my house I connect it to,
when I touch the chassis screws, I get some kind of a light electric shock.

I had the same problem with my Little Phatty when I got it, and the solution suggested by moog was to add a wire between one of the ground leads going to the power supply, and the metal chassis (this solved the problem on the LP).

I wonder if this is a known issue and how can it be solved in the Voyager :/

Thanks !

Re: Voyager grounding issues

Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:59 am
by MC
You better get an electrician to check the wiring on your outlets.

Seriously.

Sounds like a potentially dangerous condition.

Re: Voyager grounding issues

Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:15 pm
by muksys
Agreed. A lot worse things could happen besides destroying a voyager.

Re: Voyager grounding issues

Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:14 pm
by thealien666
I agree with others, definitely a serious electrical power grounding issue in your house ! I would have it checked by a qualified electrician ASAP. Or if you live in an apartment, notify your landlord. This is a potentially dangerous situation. No joke. :shock: