Voyager and Phatty in a big concert hall

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
praxisaxis

Voyager and Phatty in a big concert hall

Post by praxisaxis » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:50 pm

Hey there
Haven't been around in a while.

But I reckon this little experiment of mine might interest you. It's a piece for bass clarinet and synthesizers, making extensive use of my favourite two synths - the Moog Voyager and Little Phatty.

Hope you enjoy.

http://youtu.be/e_2sfM19dvQ

aen

Re: Voyager and Phatty in a big concert hall

Post by aen » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:44 am

Holy CRAAAAAPPPPP!

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:35 am

Hey PraxisAxis! Good to see you here, it's been a long time indeed.

I remember you were more in jazz-rock keyboard playing, so it's kind of surprising to see that kind of performance from you.

I liked very much that performance. I like when synths or electronic sounds mix with acoustic instruments because I sometimes feel they lack of "wood" in their character. Thanks for sharing :)

A few years ago, I met some guys on the Elektron Users forum (Machine Drum UW here as well ;) ). Long story short: I invited them and we had a great improvexperimental week-end together. One of the bands that were metting had a clarinet player, but he coul not make it unfortunately. So it was the six of us, with guitars and accesories to play them, pedalboards, Machine Drums UW for sampling, vocals, violin, piano, MonoMachine, looper, synth.... great great experience :)

Ask and I'll give you some links.

praxisaxis

Post by praxisaxis » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:33 am

Hi Stiiiiive :)

Yep I'm still around. I'm pretty broad-spectrum with style... coming from a "classical" background yet never really happy with just classical stuff. I've never really picked one and stuck with it, probably because I enjoy such a range of different things. So it's a long process for me, but I think I just have to develop my own thing that I'm happy with.

I would be very keen to hear that jam. I am a big elektron fanboy :) :)

EricK

Post by EricK » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:06 am

Very nice.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:36 am

Yeah... finding one's own stuff isn't always easy. I'm more or less in the same boat: I feel like doing many different things, depending on the period, on the encounters... I guess we have to enjoy the path as well as the destination we try to reach :)
praxisaxis wrote:I would be very keen to hear that jam. I am a big elektron fanboy :) :)
So here are all the details about Folie à 6. Hope you'll like this!

aen

Post by aen » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:11 pm

Shared this on my company's facebook page. Really great stuff.

monokit

Post by monokit » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:26 pm

Fantastic! Love it! Whats doing the SID Arps? The Shruthi?

EMwhite

Post by EMwhite » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:25 pm

Outstanding. Have been a fan since I saw that cartoon you did with the trio a few years back.

You should have saved this for the Moog Factory video series; or maybe do that also. How did the live performance go? Nice venue.
'76 Minimoog, Taurus 3, Oberheim FVS + Son of 2-voice; Sequential ProOne; Juno 106; Moog Model 15; Kurzweil 250; Hammond M3; and a handful of Fender Basses Flickr!

praxisaxis

Post by praxisaxis » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:44 pm

EMwhite wrote:Outstanding. Have been a fan since I saw that cartoon you did with the trio a few years back.

You should have saved this for the Moog Factory video series; or maybe do that also. How did the live performance go? Nice venue.
Thanks EM. Yeah, my styles are still very disparate, but I'm gradually working towards only 2 concepts... I've been doing a lot of studio stuff to get that up to scratch and I've neglected my live performance (apart from playing in a few bands here and there). I'm hoping to change that this year and next. Yeah, the venue is amazing. That's the Con Theatre in the Queensland Conservatorium of Music - acoustically one of the best in Australia (in my humble opinion). Great for recording.

The Shruthi is a total beast, considering you build it yourself :) I don't like the menu diving - there's a lot of that - but that's the main compromise. None of those other synths have got anything on the Moogs though (and I'm saying that with as little bias as possible). We should all be very happy with our Moogs!!!