Time to buy a Voyager

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
slabwax

Re: Time to buy a Voyager

Post by slabwax » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:19 pm

@vasago
Some of us don't use presets. I do drones and soundscapes only. I don't play bass lines or leads. I'm not a huge fan of midi. The only midi I use is my drumkat to minitaur and sometimes to my Tempest. I don't sync to pro tools or ableton. So an old school would just be peachy. If no presets worked for Mr Wakeman it will work for me :lol: :lol: .

vasago

Post by vasago » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:52 pm

slabwax wrote:@vasago
Some of us don't use presets. I do drones and soundscapes only. I don't play bass lines or leads. I'm not a huge fan of midi. The only midi I use is my drumkat to minitaur and sometimes to my Tempest. I don't sync to pro tools or ableton. So an old school would just be peachy. If no presets worked for Mr Wakeman it will work for me :lol: :lol: .
i think you misunderstand the whole "I understand some people like the OS and I understand their reasonings, but if youre not truly passionate about those reaosnings,' part of my post :P I get it, just saying if OP wants perspectives before buying a synthesizer, it's worth mentioning the pragmatic angle. Aesthetics are a luxary, and it may mean more to eb able to save YOUR OWN PATCHES as opposed to just using presets(honestly, who actually uses presets? You do own an analog synth right?).

Just sayin.
Voyager Performer FR Revox2 Taurus3 mf;102,103,104zx2,105m,CP251x1 SEM Xpander 808 606 pro1x2 FR XS, FRorbx3 Modfactor timefactor space mopho PolyE Nord g1 Vermona drm mk3 KP3x2

GovernorSilver

Post by GovernorSilver » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:48 pm

slabwax wrote:@vasago
In that case, even the Voyager Old School might be overkill for you. I have a friend who plays drone-y synth music. He had an Old School. He now uses an Arp Odyssey and Arturia Minibrute. And yes, he's got a Fenix Modular too.

Most of my other drone playing friends prefer the Sleep Drone, Drone Lab or Grendel Drone Commander, plus of course a touch of delay and other effects. I especially love the sound of the Grendel.

One Grendel-centric track I just found:
http://soundcloud.com/dontbeseen/grendal1

You might also be a candidate for a modular. The Eurorack format is popular because modules tend to cost less than in other formats.
Last edited by GovernorSilver on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GovernorSilver

Post by GovernorSilver » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:55 pm

*deleted*

I'll just stick to answering the OP's questions
Last edited by GovernorSilver on Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

GovernorSilver

Post by GovernorSilver » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:02 am

Duplicate post I guess
Last edited by GovernorSilver on Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

vasago

Post by vasago » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:09 am

GovernorSilver wrote:
vasago wrote:able to save YOUR OWN PATCHES
If he's like most drone musicians I know, he "saves" his patches by setting the knobs once and always returning them to the same settings. 8)
aint no one got time for that
Voyager Performer FR Revox2 Taurus3 mf;102,103,104zx2,105m,CP251x1 SEM Xpander 808 606 pro1x2 FR XS, FRorbx3 Modfactor timefactor space mopho PolyE Nord g1 Vermona drm mk3 KP3x2

GovernorSilver

Post by GovernorSilver » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:16 pm

EricK wrote: Forgive me if you have seen this before but this is some drone stuff I did awhile back:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RQCpK9_QYI

Eric
I can't believe I didn't listen to this before. Nice work!

EricK

Post by EricK » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:02 am

Thank you very much!
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.