harmonizer? (eventide pitchfactor)

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
fabrizio

harmonizer? (eventide pitchfactor)

Post by fabrizio » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:14 am

Hi guys,

Voyager owner here and a very happy one indeed.

does anyone have good results with a harmonizer and their voyager, for instance the Eventide Pitchfactor? I was thinking of adding one for some "polyphonic" effects, but cannot test and was wondering whether it tracks well or not?
www.thisislarsson.com
www.myspace.com/thisislarsson

n2design

Re: harmonizer? (eventide pitchfactor)

Post by n2design » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:32 pm

yeah that would work great,

You prob already know this but you can create chords on the moog. Just tune each oscillator to a different pitch.

fabrizio

Post by fabrizio » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:42 am

yes, indeed, and that's a fun thing as well, but still a little different from what a harmonizer would do. and of course, the pitch factor can do so much more. IF it tracks well with a synth of course ! :D
www.thisislarsson.com
www.myspace.com/thisislarsson

Themaktima

Post by Themaktima » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:42 pm

Yes, I have a Voyager and a PitchFactor. It´s a great couple, I recommend getting one. Especially because it´s not only about harmonizing. One PitchFactor effect I really dig at the moment is the Harmodulator... you can get crazy arpeggiated modulation out of it. The chorus effects are also great. Only few weeks after playing with the PF I added the Space. Addictive stuff :D

n2design

Post by n2design » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:35 pm

Themaktima wrote:Yes, I have a Voyager and a PitchFactor. It´s a great couple, I recommend getting one. Especially because it´s not only about harmonizing. One PitchFactor effect I really dig at the moment is the Harmodulator... you can get crazy arpeggiated modulation out of it. The chorus effects are also great. Only few weeks after playing with the PF I added the Space. Addictive stuff :D

Got any mp3's or youtubes by chance? Love to hear it.

ColorForm2113

Post by ColorForm2113 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:08 am

i tested out the new polyphonic digitech whammy with my voyager and it worked pretty well. i used it in the mixer in/out and post filter. it sounded like having more oscillators as opposed to sounding polyphonic
My modular so far: Q104, Q106 x2, Q107, Q108, Q109 x2 , Q116, Q118, Q127 w/Q140, Q130, STG Wave Folder, Mixer and Mankato playing with Moog Voyager, VX-351, CP-251, MF-104M x2 ( STEREO!) Volca Beats and Bass, Arturia Beat step

jimmyklane

Post by jimmyklane » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:42 pm

is the short delay when harmonizing new notes unavoidable? I have the H9, but I'm running the same algorithms.... Even when set to "No Dly" I have 10-15 ms of delay from when my Moog dry sound hits and when the harmony voices hit.... Do the new rack processors do this as well(I know the H3000 does)?

Sorry to bring back the thread, but I'm hoping to learn something here!

Jim
Synths: Source, Slim Phatty, Virus TI, Alpha Juno, Polysix, Monotribe, Blofeld, lots of software that I don't use often..
Effects: ADA S1000, SONY HR MP5, EVENTIDE H3000/H9, YAMAHA SPX90/