My voyager XL has set sail!!!!

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
hooshirn

My voyager XL has set sail!!!!

Post by hooshirn » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:42 am

My Voyager XL is in the Mail should get here Monday are Tuesday, feeling very giddy like a Christmas eve kiddy

Anyway I am also considering the purchase of a Oberhiem SEM with patch bay option is anyone aware if they are compatible on the CV end of thing's, are have any experience
working with the two synths together?

It was between this Oberhiem and a Slim phatty are possibly and RME, also looky looking at a dark energy, I will most likely go with a RME if my ebay garbage sell's high enough

Any advice as to a complimentary analog for C.V. work with the XL would be appreciated
Voyager XL, Minitaur,Theremen+, Fooger's, Midi delay and Midi murf, Freq box X 2, Ring mod, 101 Filter, Novation ultra station, ZR 76, MC808, Bent Casio's, 3 Speak and Spell's , M audio black box,Korg Monotribe, Ipad's with Animoog, Filtron on and on..

Kenneth

Re: My voyager XL has set sail!!!!

Post by Kenneth » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:38 am

Yeah, uh, can I please have a job wherever you work?
Moog Matriarch, ARP Odyssey MKII, Roland Juno-60, Yamaha DX7, Yamaha VSS-30

hooshirn

Post by hooshirn » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:53 am

I like to call it dumb luck Incorporated
Voyager XL, Minitaur,Theremen+, Fooger's, Midi delay and Midi murf, Freq box X 2, Ring mod, 101 Filter, Novation ultra station, ZR 76, MC808, Bent Casio's, 3 Speak and Spell's , M audio black box,Korg Monotribe, Ipad's with Animoog, Filtron on and on..

Kenneth

Post by Kenneth » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:27 am

Cool, where do I sign up? :wink:
Moog Matriarch, ARP Odyssey MKII, Roland Juno-60, Yamaha DX7, Yamaha VSS-30

tommyecho

Post by tommyecho » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:08 pm

THE GOLDEN MINIMOOG VOYAGER #31

n2design

Post by n2design » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:01 pm

Are you one of those Alaskan gold rushers??

If I were you i would get an rme so you would have two voices! obv it would be cheaper to multitrack though.

I'm also planning on getting the sem but Im waiting for the 2voice. That analog sequencer for 1 voice and having the other voice for lead is really enticing to me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yFMbd1LLYA

Just having a single sem , would always have me lusting after the 2 voice.

I'm not sure how single voice would complement the voyager. My other mono synths don't really seem to jive with the voyager. Granted I haven't gave it alot of effort, but typically If Im working with the moog, I will just multitrack.

For awhile I was cv out voyager to old mono roland SH series synths and they clashed pretty bad. I bet the sem would jive alot better though.

If you can afford it, wait for the 2 voice

hooshirn

Post by hooshirn » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:14 pm

Good advice I will probably go back to the Moog Fooger plan I really like the look's of that Cluster flux and you can pick up some cheap Freqbox's here and there

I've got and Ensoiq ZR 76 out in storage maybe I'll pull it in to run through the Moog's filter's. It has some weird Fizmo filter's in it and very nice onboard fx
it is one heavy beast of 76 weighted key S.O.B and not very easy to program without a patch manager" crappy little $%^# screen" scrolling and scrolling.

I tend to blow my windfall's on outrageously expensive keyboard's and this was one, what I really miss though is that 50$ garage sale ozone smelly Yamaha SK50D
sold it for 500$ in 96 to pay duh rent but I loved it so made me feel like the phantom of the opera playing that double keyboard, poly chord string and mono after touch, ozone belching machine had a hook up for a Leslie and a lot of in and out's in C.V. maybe the Moog will get me over my broken heart of the synth's that we part.

I here the Freqbox track's the Voyager fairly well.

Cluster Flux hmmmm High priced in the extreme like something new in a shiny dream.....................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7jJnwEeiU0

yack yack yack to much caffeine watching my crap on the bay today and counting the penny's euro rack for some adsr and maybe a filter on a couple of freqbox's?