Voyager XL LFO2 MIDI Sync

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
davidedwards

Voyager XL LFO2 MIDI Sync

Post by davidedwards » Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:36 pm

Hello,

So...I'm having issues syncing the LFO2 to MIDI clock. In Ableton I just have a single note continuously looping for 8 bars to try and test this out and I've gone into the envelopes section and I've found MIDI CC 94, but when I raise the automation line there's no change in the LFO rate. I understand that turning the front panel RATE knob on the LFO2 module during MIDI SYNC adjusts the clock divider going from 4 WHOLE NOTES (all the way CCW) to 1/64th NOTES (all the way CW), but that's not happening. When I raise the automation bar for MIDICC 95 the wave form changes and MIDICC's 92 and 93 work fine as well too, so what's wrong with MIDICC 94 (LFO2 Master Clock Division)? And by the way I have a patch cord going from the (+) output of LFO2 to the filter cutoff to try and test this out. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong here?

-Dave

tommyecho

Re: Voyager XL LFO2 MIDI Sync

Post by tommyecho » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:14 pm

This is strange. I recreated your scenario, and mine is responding fine to CC94. Are you seeing the midi light go off in response to your envelope for this CC (I would disable all other automation to make sure you can see this clearly). Any possibility that you accidentally sent a message at CC 111, which disables midi sync?

It's strange that you are getting a response from the other CC messages. . . I'd say call moog on Monday, they are pretty great about helping out on the phone. . .

Sorry I can't be of more help!
THE GOLDEN MINIMOOG VOYAGER #31

davidedwards

Post by davidedwards » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:34 pm

Yeah man...I know about the CC111 setting and I've tried that too! It's really strange. I'm usually pretty good with this thing, but I just can't figure it out. The amber colored SYNC light does come on ocassionally, but not in time. I'll just have to call the people at MOOG.

Ryan Lubinsky

Post by Ryan Lubinsky » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:45 pm

hello,

i have been a lurker here for a while now and have had a lot of luck answering questions i had just buy reading around in the forum and using the search section. this time i have reached a dead end in this post. i was wondering if the original author of this post solved his lfo2 problem? i too am having trouble getting the LFO2 on my loved Voyager XL to respond to CC# from an elektron Octatrack. all other parameters are responding to CC just fine.