Will the MOOG DRUM 1130 work with VOYAGER?

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
KrateKraig

Will the MOOG DRUM 1130 work with VOYAGER?

Post by KrateKraig » Thu May 05, 2005 4:04 pm

Howdy all! Hey, I've seen a couple old Moog 1130 percussion controller drums on ebay lately... Was curious, Will they work with a new voyager? Might be kinda fun!

MC

Post by MC » Thu May 05, 2005 4:46 pm

They'll need converters.

There is a six pin Cinch-Jones connector that used to connect to "accessories" ports on old Moog synths. This connector provides power. The Voyager does not have this connector, so you'll need an external power supply with mating connector.

The trigger plug is the old switch trigger with two-pin Cinch-Jones plug. This needs to be converted to the voltage trigger that the Voyager uses and the plug has to be changed.

KrateKraig

Post by KrateKraig » Fri May 06, 2005 3:38 pm

Thanks MC! Let's get someone started on those converters right away! :wink: Oh well, we still have the touchpad! But imagine the fun we could have had with one hand on the drum and one on the touchpad... Hmmm, boggles the mind. Thanks! Craig.

EricK

Post by EricK » Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:06 pm

Hi what I did with my 1130 was to connect the power supply to the MicroMoog and the black cord to one of the inputs. Then I put the red plug into one of the CV ins on the voyager.

To do this i had to put the units back to back because the 4 way Y wasn't long enough to really divide between the 2 units.

Theres a 6 piin CJ for power. a regular 2 pin CJ for an s-trig. Theres a black non voltage cable for a direct filter input and a red CV plug for the scale. THe CV SCALE knob will let you control the pitch of the oscilators or what have you. The harder that you hit the drum the higher the pitch and vice versa. You can almost do walking bass lines on the moog if you use the drum like a ride cymbal. Pretty nice. I don't use my drum that much. I think its better for collectibillity than anything else as I don't have a stand for it and because its so old.

So your answer is yes provided that you have a power supply.

I think that i got this idea from this post too.
EricK
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.