New Voyager owner - damn!

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
Portamental

Re: New Voyager owner - damn!

Post by Portamental » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:44 pm

filtered wrote:My first note induced a mild panic! I could tell one of the Oscs was way out of tune, despite the fact their respective knobs were all where they should be-.....
That's funny, somewhat similar happened to me, after a year playing the OS, when I got the model D. I set all Osc's to 8', try to tune Osc 3 with Osc1, playing an A. Darn, Osc 3 only tunes when three full steps down from Osc1. Oh well, needs internal trim adjustment or something like that. I can live with that. Start to play. On those patches where I kick in Osc3, it sounded even worse, it won't stay in tune AT ALL when played. Problem was you press the Osc3 orange rocker switch on the D to pass control to the keyboard, Osc3 being used as a LFO under most condition. On the OS, you press the Osc3 switch to RELEASE the Osc from keyboard control. Plays totally in tune now ;)

filtered

Post by filtered » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:16 am

That's funny, somewhat similar happened to me, after a year playing the OS, when I got the model D. I set all Osc's to 8', try to tune Osc 3 with Osc1, playing an A. Darn, Osc 3 only tunes when three full steps down from Osc1. Oh well, needs internal trim adjustment or something like that. I can live with that. Start to play. On those patches where I kick in Osc3, it sounded even worse, it won't stay in tune AT ALL when played. Problem was you press the Osc3 orange rocker switch on the D to pass control to the keyboard, Osc3 being used as a LFO under most condition. On the OS, you press the Osc3 switch to RELEASE the Osc from keyboard control. Plays totally in tune now ;)
moral of the story is you have an OS AND a D- you lucky #$%*bleeper!

Portamental

Post by Portamental » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:32 am

filtered wrote:moral of the story is you have an OS AND a D- you lucky #$%*bleeper!
That's it. I won't have this!!! I'm signing off... for good! :evil: (and join back tomorrow as doublefiltered) :lol:

filtered

Post by filtered » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:02 am

That's it. I won't have this!!! I'm signing off... for good! :evil: (and join back tomorrow as doublefiltered) :lol:
smartypants!

namahshaman

Post by namahshaman » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:32 pm

Omaroo wrote:Wow - I've just taken delivery of, powered up and heard a Voyager for the first time. No-one told me how powerful these were. I can't believe how much grunt it has. It's not just loud, it's visceral - but warm at the same time.

Ditto :mrgreen:

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:41 pm

Congrats for yours Namahshaman :)

namahshaman

Post by namahshaman » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:51 pm

thanks, stiiiiiiive. Your input actually helped me decide against buying a Virus . . . and then the day my tax return showed up, I found a great deal on this Voyager, it was meant to be. :mrgreen: Soooooooooo glad I didn't get the Virus instead. The Voyager keeps blowing my mind. Most incredible instrument I've ever touched :!:

thealien666

Post by thealien666 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:19 am

namahshaman wrote:thanks, stiiiiiiive. Your input actually helped me decide against buying a Virus . . . and then the day my tax return showed up, I found a great deal on this Voyager, it was meant to be. :mrgreen: Soooooooooo glad I didn't get the Virus instead. The Voyager keeps blowing my mind. Most incredible instrument I've ever touched :!:
As a bonus, you will never hear any aliasing artifacts in the sound of a Voyager ! :mrgreen: :wink:
Moog Minimoog D (1975)
DSI OB6
DSI Prophet REV2
Oberheim Matrix-6
Ensoniq SQ-80
Korg DW8000
Behringer DeepMind 12
Alesis Ion