voyager feature request(s)

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
alextoevs

voyager feature request(s)

Post by alextoevs » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:08 am

recently i purchased my first moog. while i am constantly amazed by this synth, i can not help but feel like some basic features (or aspects of its features) are missing. it basically comes down to the flexibility of modulation, i want more! ;) the access virus was my first real synth so i guess i was spoiled by its mod matrix..

-allow 0%-100% for all source and destination mappings not just 0%, 25%, etc..

-allow pot mapping and modulation busses to interact with a "latching" mode: (example) pot map osc2 freq to osc3 freq. when using the mod bus modulate lfo to osc2 freq then osc3 freq would modulate along with osc2 freq. that way you do not have to use up both busses for certain, simple modulation multiples..

-allow all 4 pot maps "map matrix" to be a destination PGM.

-2 more menu based modulation busses (not sure this is physically possible, are the mod busses all software or are they hardware?)

-arpeggiator (i loved how on my oberheim ob8 you could set the different octaves to be different intervals (via the keyboard) rather then just an octave. set it on random and get crazy). an arpeggiator would really really enhance my ability to play live.

thanks for listening!
alex

btw, i should note that if this required a hardware upgrade i would be all for sending mine in and regardless, i hope that the voyager line keeps getting new features (or just ones even on the LP/SP).

EricK

Re: voyager feature request(s)

Post by EricK » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:11 pm

Please make the modulation amount pots programmable destinations.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Acid Mitch

Post by Acid Mitch » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:57 am

alextoevs wrote: -allow 0%-100% for all source and destination mappings not just 0%, 25%, etc..
This isn't going to happen. Not enough CPU power.
alextoevs wrote:
-2 more menu based modulation busses (not sure this is physically possible, are the mod busses all software or are they hardware?)
Not going to happen. Modulation busses are hardware.

alextoevs

Post by alextoevs » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:10 pm

Acid Mitch wrote:
alextoevs wrote: -allow 0%-100% for all source and destination mappings not just 0%, 25%, etc..
This isn't going to happen. Not enough CPU power.
perhaps moog could offer a hardware upgrade to include this and other new features.
Acid Mitch wrote:
alextoevs wrote:
Not going to happen. Modulation busses are hardware.
understandable.

Acid Mitch

Post by Acid Mitch » Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:32 am

alextoevs wrote:
perhaps moog could offer a hardware upgrade to include this and other new features..
That's not going to happen either. It would need a whole new cpu, It was discussed here on the forum a while ago.

grapejuice

Post by grapejuice » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:16 am

please can the filter pole number selection be optionally mapped to a pot, midi or at least un-buried in the menu?

otherwise thank you for such an amazing machine!

r

moogslob

Post by moogslob » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:51 pm

easy! add the LFO waveforms of the LP and a contour trigger switch
Voyager Old School, Etherwave Theremin, Wurlitzer 200A, MS2000, Gretsch Anni, dinged up surfboard x 2

http://www.moped10.com

Acid Mitch

Post by Acid Mitch » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:15 am

grapejuice wrote:please can the filter pole number selection be optionally mapped to a pot, midi or at least un-buried in the menu?
You can already control filter pole selection via MIDI.That's what the Editor software uses. I dont use/have the editor but I suspect it's a SYSEX command you need.

MarkM

Post by MarkM » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:07 pm

i would love to see an arp as well. I have wondered if there is enough cpu to handle the job. Rudy?
Mark Mahoney
http://www.reverbnation.com/markmahoney
www.cdbaby.com/cd/mmahoneympeck
www.cdbaby.com/cd/markmahoney