An interesting filter pole issue.

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
dgbm

An interesting filter pole issue.

Post by dgbm » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:46 am

Hello everyone,

first of all I'd like to apologize if this has been covered before, but searching yielded no results, so I decided to ask.

Earlier this week I noticed that, all of a sudden, the left channel of my Voyager stopped making sounds, save for a low level noise. To make matters more bizzare, the problem occured only with some sounds, regardless of them being presets or not. After examining the settings I discovered that when filter B is set to 4 poles, it kills the audio in the left channel completely - other pole settings function normally, as well as Filter A.

Has any of you, Ladies and Gentleman, experienced a similar problem before ? I thought about trying to install firmware 3.5 in order to "reset" it, so to speak (I bought the synth in May this year, so I already have it), but I don't know whether that's even possible, and I obviously wouldn't like to damage the synthesizer in any way.

Are there any other solutions that I might try, or should I just head to the nearest servicing point on Monday ?

Thank you in advance for your attention and assistance.

mayidunk

Re: An interesting filter pole issue.

Post by mayidunk » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:37 pm

Before attempting to update the firmware, you might first want to try performing a Factory Reset (Pg. 70 in the manual). Then, if that doesn't fix it, call Moog Music before doing anything else as they may need to troubleshoot it with the current software version if you send it in for service.

Good luck!