Voyager OS HELP! Can't change the pitch anymore?

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
bloodsample

Voyager OS HELP! Can't change the pitch anymore?

Post by bloodsample » Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:59 pm

I've had my voyager old school for a few months now and everything's been working fine.

Today I go to turn it on and noticed the keyboard is not changing the oscillator pitch ... Nor is the mod bus.

Just to make sure it wasn't a stupid user error I removed all the jacks from the back panel and I've set all settings to "Default" (the blue indicators).

Neither the keyboard nor the pitch bend wheel seem to have any effect on pitch, it's the same note (for any of the oscillators) no matter which key I press and the pitch bend seems to have no effect. In addition if I set one of the mod busses to SRC=LFO, DEST=Pitch, CTRL=Mod Wheel and move the mod wheel all the way up and set the AMOUNT to full there is no change in pitch (LFO is triangle wave at "6" rate).

When I change the oscillator octave and frequency knobs the pitch does change. But none of the other pitch controls seem to affect the oscillator pitch.

This is very strange behaviour and it's never happened before. The voyager was not turned on for about a week, and today when I turned it on this started happening..

Is this a warm up thing? Did something get disconnected inside? What are my options? Is this something I could potentially fix myself? Anything else I could try?

Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

moogslob

Re: Voyager OS HELP! Can't change the pitch anymore?

Post by moogslob » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:48 pm

what was the outcome? just curious in case this ever happens with mine...
Voyager Old School, Etherwave Theremin, Wurlitzer 200A, MS2000, Gretsch Anni, dinged up surfboard x 2

http://www.moped10.com

jyrkik

Post by jyrkik » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:35 am

Hi,

Sounds to be similar kind of issue which I recently had with my OS. The microcontroller (yak!) which handles the keyboard scan had stuck. It had to be reprogrammed.. Now the synth is behaving fine again.

J.

moogslob

Post by moogslob » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:52 am

Sounds to be similar kind of issue which I recently had with my OS. The microcontroller (yak!) which handles the keyboard scan had stuck. It had to be reprogrammed.. Now the synth is behaving fine again.
did you have to send it in? if so, what was the fix time?
Voyager Old School, Etherwave Theremin, Wurlitzer 200A, MS2000, Gretsch Anni, dinged up surfboard x 2

http://www.moped10.com

bloodsample

Post by bloodsample » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:55 pm

Yeah I had to get it serviced, it was a problem with the oscillator board.