HELP!! No Sound

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
zorbas

HELP!! No Sound

Post by zorbas » Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:35 pm

Just turned on my Old School and there is no sound coming out of it. Just a click/thud when I hit a key. Put all the setting back to default to make sure nothing is set funny.

Any ideas? AHHHHHHH
"Lately it occurs to me, what a long, strange trip it's been"

zorbas

Re: HELP!! No Sound

Post by zorbas » Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:39 pm

Well, as an update, I turned the Glide and Release switches OFF and the sound is back. I am able to turn them both back ON as well and the sound is still there. Weird. Not sure what that is indicative of though...if any official Moog people are on here and see this, let me know what you think.

psicolor

Post by psicolor » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:13 am

I'm not from Moog, but your problem sounds interesting to me!
What happens, if you turn glide and release switches off (sound will come out), save this as a preset, then turn glide and release on (sound will dissappear) and load the preset again?
http://www.psicolor.de

zorbas

Post by zorbas » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:55 am

Well I have sound back whether the switches are ON or OFF thankfully. The only think that I notice now is that if I boot it up with Glide ON, the first note I hit goes bbbbbnzzzzzuuuu, like a huge glide from nowhere (actually sounds really cool). If I boot up with it OFF, it's playing normally.

RL

Post by RL » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:28 pm

psicolor wrote:I'm not from Moog, but your problem sounds interesting to me!
What happens, if you turn glide and release switches off (sound will come out), save this as a preset, then turn glide and release on (sound will dissappear) and load the preset again?
I guess that's not possible on an Old School :wink:
http://www.moogmusic.de/index2

diddi_jo

Post by diddi_jo » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:26 pm

RL wrote:
psicolor wrote:I'm not from Moog, but your problem sounds interesting to me!
I guess that's not possible on an Old School :wink:
It's not even possible to "boot-up" an OS, as mentioned here somewhere... :wink:
Voyager OS, Prophet 08, Rhodes MkI 73, NordLead2 and more...

thereminraul

Post by thereminraul » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:45 pm

Hi! Today I had advertise that I have the same problem on my OS. It no sound!!!!! It only produce clicks/pops all the time without touch any key. It only make this noises. If I play the keyboard, there is no sound. Only click/pops every time. Can somebody help me, please? Thank´s.