cubase(?) is killing my moog

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
mlanson

cubase(?) is killing my moog

Post by mlanson » Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:31 pm

I don't know if it's cubase or the voyager, but it seems now almost every time I try and edit a patch while cubase is running, It will shut off all sound, and I have to either turn the voyager on and off or reload the patch. the problem starts when I'm turning a knob, any knob, and the sound will just die.

it will only happen while cubase is on, stand alone I cannot recreate this problem.

This used to only happen once and a while, but this last week it's been happening constantly.

It also used to only happen with certain cubase files, now it happens with all of them.

This is such a random problem I don't even know how to trouble shoot it.

Has anyone else had problems like this?

suthnear

Post by suthnear » Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:38 am

Nope, works fine over here. I do get occasional glitching when I turn controls too quickly but that's because of the time domain conflict between PDC and reality :)

Does the problem persist if you remove your midi out cable?

mlanson

it's a midi interface issue

Post by mlanson » Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:13 am

I just realized it's my sound card, tascam us-122... When the port is on emulated, the only way it will record midi, it screws it up... I have to switch back and forth from emulated to regular depending on if I want to record or turn knobs.

???

At least I got it working.

suthnear

Post by suthnear » Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:31 am

Ah, cubase and the emulated ports story. If you don't already have it, you should get this document

mlanson

Post by mlanson » Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:33 pm

"Using MIDI interface port drivers on PCs with Windows XP in conjunction with cutting edge MIDI/Audio sequencer applications like Cubase SL/SX or Nuendo,"

That's funny, it's so cutting edge, it doesn't work... Oh wait, are they implying that it's XP's fault... Couldn't possibly be their problem.

TonyR

Post by TonyR » Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:40 am

tascam are still in business?

mlanson

Post by mlanson » Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:44 am

I talked to Cubase to0day. they've never heard of the problem before, but from reading your article it seems anything's possible with emulated ports.

Tascam has good tech support. I'll call them next I guess.