Help me choose

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
fyvewytches

Help me choose

Post by fyvewytches » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:51 am

Hello all, this is my first post here.

ok, so I guess this has been discussed many times before,... I need to choose a Voyager and am hoping that some owners of either or both keyboard and RME versions can help me out.

My first question may seem a little silly but... how do you feel about the RME ? I mean do/can you get a certain "rapport" with a rack instrument ?

What about the build quality of the RME. I haven't had the opportunity to play with one... and expect that the first time I will ever see one for real is if I order one online (there are not stockists anywhere near where I am). I did play on an OS a couple of weeks ago. So I suppose the sound is identical but I would really like to hear about the built quality.

I do not *need* the keyboard version, I already have a midi keyboard and I'm not sure I would ever use the touchpad... and I have really limited space available !!

My decision will not be made on a financial basis, but more on feedback I get from users. So go on, RME fanatics or keyboard junkies, sell me your wares

Thanks !
Latest track, Dancing On The Ecliptic http://soundcloud.com/ianman/dancing-on ... iptic-demo

theglyph

Re: Help me choose

Post by theglyph » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:32 am

Welcome to the forum fyvewytches!

The RME has a very high build quality and I would certainly recommend it if you're tight on space. You can also add a VX-351 adn VX-352 for some extra modulation routing.

That being said I personally could not live without the touch surface!

Unfiltered

Post by Unfiltered » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:30 pm

go for the mahogany electric blue the guy is selling in the previous post. you might as well get the touch screen an cv inputs if youre spending that much.

fyvewytches

Post by fyvewytches » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:18 pm

Hi theglyph,

Many thanks for your input. I've got to say I don't really see the point of the touch surface. Of course 99% of the so-called voyager demos on youtube are worthless.

Would you mind telling me what you use it for ?

I am tending more towards the kb version but now I've read that some of the recent production has sub-standard keyboards. Does anyone have any info about that ?

Thanks !

ps. I was expecting a few more answers here, I thought moogers were a more passionate bunch. Hope I'm wrong :wink:
Latest track, Dancing On The Ecliptic http://soundcloud.com/ianman/dancing-on ... iptic-demo

fyvewytches

Post by fyvewytches » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:24 pm

Unfiltered wrote:go for the mahogany electric blue the guy is selling in the previous post. you might as well get the touch screen an cv inputs if youre spending that much.
Hi !

That particular Electric Blue is a few thousand miles away so it may be a problem, but thanks for the suggestion it's a nice looking instrument !

Again, I'm interested about your touch screen comment... is that really worth the extra cost ? Like I said cost is not an issue but from the "demos" I've seen so far, I'm not really interested.

I hope someone here has the passion to rant on about how good it is and make me splash out for it !

Thanks for your input !