rack voyager official!!!voyager RME.

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
goldphinga

rack voyager official!!!voyager RME.

Post by goldphinga » Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:52 pm

found this on harmony central.
Moog Rack Mounts the Minimoog Voyager

January 10, 2005

The MiniMoog Voyager is now available in a new 19" Rack Mount Edition. The Rack Mount Edition (RME) is five units high and, with optional wood sides, doubles as a tabletop synth. The backlit front panel includes all of the front panel controls of the Voyager (with the exception of the touch surface). Presets from the Voyager are useable in the Rack Mount Edition. Multiple RMEs can be chained together with MIDI to achieve polyphony.

The RME's rear panel delivers all of the same input/output resources that are available on the Voyager via its MIDI IN, THRU, and OUT connectors, four audio input and output jacks, and two accessory port connectors. The output accessory port connects the RME's 21 control and gate outputs to the VX-351 Voyager CV Output Expander, while the input accessory port connects the 18 control and gate inputs to the VX-352 Voyager CV Input Expander (available soon)
Moog Gear: Voyager AE,LP Stage 2+CV outs (Blue LED's/Wheels, MF104SD, MF101 Filter, MF103 Phaser, Source, Memorymoog+, Minitaur.

sir_dss

Post by sir_dss » Mon Jan 10, 2005 4:14 pm

VX-352? What is this going to be...

Qwave

Post by Qwave » Mon Jan 10, 2005 4:55 pm

Sounds like the VX-352 Voyager CV Input Expander will be the same like the VX-351 but not to add outputs, but inputs. So one will be able to se the new rack synth by means of control voltages.

I wounder what a 8 voice Moog (one Voyager + 7 rack units) will cost.
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Till "Qwave" Kopper

[url=http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/Squarewave/]Squarewave Group[/url] member "waldorfian_qwave"

The Unknown

Post by The Unknown » Mon Jan 10, 2005 6:26 pm

Too Much!
It is better to be loved or hated than to be regarded with indifference.
I might look a fool, I might act the fool, but take me for a fool and I'll make a fool of you.
If the past is ill, make the future better.

SirZebrathe9th

Post by SirZebrathe9th » Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:48 pm

I just want to know how much one rack will cost

monads

Post by monads » Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:53 pm

It looks like $3295.

SirZebrathe9th

Post by SirZebrathe9th » Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:59 am

what!! :shock: for a rack mount? thats way more expensive than my performer edition. Shouldnt it be a little cheaper with out a keyboard, the touch pad, the wheels, and the all the inputs?

Boeing 737-400

Post by Boeing 737-400 » Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:35 am

I think Moog should have gone for a brand new product. There's always next year though. :?

goldphinga

Post by goldphinga » Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:59 am

the rack should be cheaper than the performer. i reckon they should bring out a new moogerfooger with an oscillator in.that would be a cheaper way to add polyphony rather than having to keep buying more voyager racks which could be cumbersome and pricey.
Moog Gear: Voyager AE,LP Stage 2+CV outs (Blue LED's/Wheels, MF104SD, MF101 Filter, MF103 Phaser, Source, Memorymoog+, Minitaur.

MC

Post by MC » Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:42 am

Calm down folks. monads, RTFA.

There are two new products that have been announced.

One is the rackmount Voyager RME.

http://news.harmony-central.com/Newp/20 ... r-RME.html

The other is the Electric Blue Voyager.

http://news.harmony-central.com/Newp/20 ... -Blue.html

The Electric Blue lists for $3295 and is available immediately. The word "rackmount" appears nowhere in the news release. It is the familiar Voyager in new clothes.

The news release for the rackmount RME does not specify a price.

monads

Post by monads » Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:57 pm

MC wrote:Calm down folks. monads, RTFA.
Well in my post I did leave room error :wink: The only article I read was the one at Sonicstate about the Electric Blue so forgive me for not checking Harmony and all other sources. Moog should just release something official on their site. Man, no need to slam me "Read the bleeping article." (RTFA).

Sorry guys :cry:

MC

Post by MC » Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:30 pm

Who's slamming? Why the foul language? RTFA="Read the following articles".

Boeing 737-400

Post by Boeing 737-400 » Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:40 pm

Electric Blue Voyager? Is that the Anniversary without the 50 years badge? Cool.

RTFA? Never heard that one before.

monads

Post by monads » Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:46 pm

Acronyms can mean many different things MC. I don't know them all, do a Google search and thats what comes up. 'Following' sounds much better. I guess we just had a misunderstanding. Lets make up and get back to music :D

Yea the Electric Blue looks like a Voyager Ann. without the badge. But will have to wait and see some pics/something more official. I agree with you though wish they would bring out something new.

MFenkner

Post by MFenkner » Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:19 am

What happened to the "Anniversary Edition" being a limited edition? I guess that cheap sticker on the side makes it limited? Oh yeah, and the black paint. Hmm. For some reason, I thought Moog Music was above playing the cheap marketing game of hyping a product as being a limited edition, only to come out with the same model the following year. I'm surprised they didn't call the new model a limited edition too, but I guess they figured people wouldn't fall for the same scam twice.

I've bought other "limited edition" products in my life, both because I like the added features and because it would increase the value. Now it seems Moog has disappointed the customers who bought the "limited edition" since it's no more unique or collectible than a current model - unless of course you like black, which probably most people would prefer the wood-grain model over.

I thought Bob was in it for the love of his art rather than the money, but I guess the new guy running the business has got to keep things profitable.

Gone are the days of honesty in a company, even one as old and hallowed as Moog.

Mark