Voyager Old School Add-On's

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
kimbo

Voyager Old School Add-On's

Post by kimbo » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:03 am

Hi
I'm new to the wonderful world of analog, so excuse the daft question but I'm hoping someone can advise in case I do any damage...
I'm now a proud owner of a brand new Voyager Old School (serial 0531), and I just love it!
So much so, that I've ordered the VX-351 and CP-251 for mor capabilities.
Now my question is this...
Obviously there are inputs and outputs which are pretty obvious, but is there any danger of damage, should a patch lead be plugged into a wrong socket or such, or will it simply do nothing?
The manuals don't give any warning and if anything, just encourage experimentation and enjoy!
I would really appreciate any advice before I take the plunge.
Cheers
Kimbo:
MacBook Pro, Minimoog Voyager Old School, VX-351, Etherwave Theremin, DSI Prophet 08, Trax Rota-Synth RS-1.

LWG

Re: Voyager Old School Add-On's

Post by LWG » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:23 am

kimbo wrote:The manuals don't give any warning and if anything, just encourage experimentation and enjoy!

Hello,

Refer to "General Considerations" section in the back (p.29) of the manual for the CP-251.

Regards,

-L

kimbo

Post by kimbo » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:42 am

Oh brill!
Now why didn't I see that?
Thought I read the manual from front to back!
Oh well, time for some Sunday afternoon reading and revision me thinks :roll:
Cheers L
Kimbo:
MacBook Pro, Minimoog Voyager Old School, VX-351, Etherwave Theremin, DSI Prophet 08, Trax Rota-Synth RS-1.

xmit

Post by xmit » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:23 am

enjoy, Kimbo ! :D

I too am about to order my VX-351 & CP-251 to go along with my Old School... semi-modular awesomeness awaits !
Also, this will solve my pitch CV problem ( the OS not being 1V/Oct standard ) as I've got my eye on the inbound Doepfer Dark Time analogue sequencer to drive the OS.... 8)

kimbo

Post by kimbo » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:02 pm

Ooh yes!
The Doepfer Dark Time Sequencer will go with the rest of your Moog Kit very well (same appearance and all).
Nice and logical layout to the Sequencer too.
I'm currently in 'mid-build' with the 'Music from Outer Space' (MFOS) 8-Step Sequencer, as I started to build this before getting my hands on my Moog kit.
I'm now thinking of ditching the MFOS Sequencer (sell it on ebay as a 'part built' project), to help to part finance the Dark Time Sequencer.
It will also be compatible with my DSI Prophet 08 having MIDI :wink:
Kimbo: