Voyager Dead Key/On Key

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
bhrama

Voyager Dead Key/On Key

Post by bhrama » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:48 pm

Not sure how else to describe this, but as a dead key or a key that has continuous sound. Last night while playing I had one key act as if it was being triggered or pressed. As I switch patches it automatically would trigger, like it was constantly "on". I've not had this happen before, and in fact I turned off the unit for a few minutes and the problem disappeared upon reboot. Is this some freak occurance, or a harbinger of troubles to come? My voyager is the Electric Blue series, and has the latest OS. I've not had one single problem with anything before this. Any ideas?
P6, Tempest, Sub37

anoteoftruth

Re: Voyager Dead Key/On Key

Post by anoteoftruth » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:54 pm

This happens to my RME all the time when I'm controlling it with my LP.

Not sure what causes it... just happens sometimes when I'm playing around... actually now that I think of it, it happens a lot when I'm using the LP's arpeggiator and I go to turn it off..... then the Voyager remains this constant note... i can play around but it always goes back to playing that note constantly like it's always on... I have to turn the RME off and on again to make it stop.

Not cool.
Moog Voyager RME / Moog LP SE 2 / Nord Rack 1 / Microkorg / Korg ER-1 / Triggerfinger / Rocktron Banshee talk box / Ableton live / Guru / Lots of non-electric musical instruments.

RL

Post by RL » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:53 pm

If it's a hanging note and you have the lastest OS press the MASTER button - this should stop the hanging notes. There's no need to switch off the Voyager.
Have fun,
Rudi
http://www.moogmusic.de/index2

Just Me

Post by Just Me » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:00 pm

I only get hanging notes with MIDI if the data stream gets corrupted and a NOTE OFF doesn't make it to the Voyager.
"Music expresses that which can not be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."

Emil

Post by Emil » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:46 am

One note has a consistently higher cutoff value each time played.
I was forty years away from my first synth, so have made a few blunders
when purchasing. Not that this was one such error.

anoteoftruth

Post by anoteoftruth » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:36 pm

RL wrote:If it's a hanging note and you have the lastest OS press the MASTER button - this should stop the hanging notes. There's no need to switch off the Voyager.
Have fun,
Rudi
Tried this the other day... it didnt work. I had to eventually switch the Voyager off again.
Moog Voyager RME / Moog LP SE 2 / Nord Rack 1 / Microkorg / Korg ER-1 / Triggerfinger / Rocktron Banshee talk box / Ableton live / Guru / Lots of non-electric musical instruments.

Tomi

Post by Tomi » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:01 pm

Hi. This works for me.

Go to Master - Transpose In/Out - Change the Keyboard Transpose Semitone value.

Hope this works with your Voyager too

Tomi

Cagri Sertel

Post by Cagri Sertel » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:55 pm

i had the same problem and it's really annoying while i'm playing on stage!! how could this be possible? i bought my voyager electric blue os 3.5 from NewYork in january and it was brand new i personally opened the the box..
i'm thinking about the voltage problem, do you guys think that the problem can be solved with ups or some device that can provide the stable voltage ??

i'm having serious troble with it please help me..

Thanks..

Cagri Sertel

Please help :-//

Post by Cagri Sertel » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:56 pm

i had the same problem and it's really annoying while i'm playing on stage!! how could this be possible? i bought my voyager electric blue os 3.5 from NewYork in january and it was brand new i personally opened the the box..
i'm thinking about the voltage problem, do you guys think that the problem can be solved with ups or some device that can provide the stable voltage ??

i'm having serious troble with it please help me..

Thanks..

alchy

Post by alchy » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:28 pm

i've the same problem. i bought voyager a year ago and it comes from time to time. only solution i've found is to cycle the power... :/

alchy

Post by alchy » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:52 pm

have you contacted moog? i've stuck notes too.

Cagri Sertel

Post by Cagri Sertel » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:44 pm

actually i live in istanbul so it's imposibble to get the original service from here, have to go to NY again with the moog so which is sad...

but according to my experince with my moog, i saw some maulfunctioning in keys. when the key stucks i hitting the keyboard softly i mean hitting couple of keys at the same in other octaves and it stops.. i know it's a little before century way but it works some how.. also if you play the keys without the after touch, the problem almost doesn't appear. (btw my touch on keyboard is not hard so don't get me wrong ;)

this shows that this is kind of a problem by the data that triggered from the keyboard. i'm gonna show this to my own keyboard tech. if i could find out something i'll let you guys know...

i'm in love with my voyager and i know you guys too so i hope that we solve this problem...

good night from istanbul..

Michaelxiv

Post by Michaelxiv » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:34 am

Im have the exact same problem with hanging notes... very frustrated as i've only owned my new voyager performer series for 2 days (with 3.5 firmware) and I intend on using it live. I have emailed Moog tech support to which the responded;

"Based on your description, my first guess is that the keyscan firmware is not up to date. This can be the case even if the main OS is fully updated (v3.5 is indeed the latest). A known bug with older keyscan firmware is that a stuck note can occur when multiple keys (especially the lower black keys) are played in quick succession. The latest firmware fixes this. Sadly, it is impossible to check which version of the keyscan firmware is running without removing the keyboard. Updating this also requires a USB debug adapter."

Eric1234

Post by Eric1234 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:16 am

I have the problem with randomly stucked notes. It is very random. I can play for hours without problem, then all of a sudden a note keeps playing. It goes away when pressing the Master button but it makes it impossible for me to use the Voyager on stage.
According to the quoted answer above from Moog support it could possible be fixed with a key scan firmware update.
So i have found the hardware needed (https://www.silabs.com/products/mcu/Pages/USBDebug.aspx) but where can i find the software?

Hans

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:14 am

Hello there.
Any update about the software to use, the firmware to inject and the modus operandi?