Aftertouch -> Vibrato (ie alternate mod wheel via port ma

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
treason

Aftertouch -> Vibrato (ie alternate mod wheel via port ma

Post by treason » Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:26 pm

I need to get vibrato control via aftertouch during part of a solo ... my left hand is busy at the same time, so I cannot get tot he mod wheel.

Whats the method for sending aftertouch to the same destinations as the mod wheel? Anyone have any tips?

Thanx,

t-

treason

Post by treason » Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:04 pm

bump ...

MC

Post by MC » Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:31 pm

The answer is on page 31 of the user manual under "Shaping"

taschenmusikant

Post by taschenmusikant » Mon Dec 20, 2004 7:25 pm

MC wrote:The answer is on page 31 of the user manual under "Shaping"
No, it´s not.
He is looking for triggering the modulation with pressure.

The only way ist to create in "potmapping menue " a "pressure to modwheel amount" connection.

Then slightly move the modwheel forward and you should be able to control the modulaion via pressure.
Piano & Sound Engines

MC

Post by MC » Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:16 pm

I don't know what manual you're looking at, but on page 31 of the user manual from the Moog Music website it says you can use the mod wheel buss shaping pot set to PRESSURE to get vibrato via aftertouch. You don't need the pot mapping.

treason

Post by treason » Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:18 am

The original question was using Aftertouch via Pot Mapping to run as a parallel control for vibrato - idea being the need for mod control while left hand is busy doing something else.

I agree that the question is not completely answered ...

any takers?

MC

Post by MC » Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:36 am

Your original question said nothing about pot mapping.

Set SHAPING to PRESSURE on the MOD WHEEL buss, DESTINATION to PITCH, SOURCE to LFO triangle. You have to turn the mod wheel up a little. Push down on aftertouch pressure and viola. Adjust mod wheel for vibrato depth. This is how I do it.

That is the answer on page 31 of the user manual.

Should I catch a flight to your place and turn the knobs for you? :wink:

KarnEvil

Post by KarnEvil » Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:08 pm

Or you can trigger the vibrato with the filter attack. If you set the right time, it can sound very natural.

treason

Post by treason » Wed Dec 22, 2004 2:00 am

OK - I am not able to get to the mod wheel - what I really want is to use the pot mapping to grab the LFO, shape if via aftertouch and also be able to use mod wheel as a SECOND source of modulation (maybe vibrato, for example).

What I have gotten working is pretty herky jerky and not smooth sounding like I can get via the mod wheel ...

So - what I am really asking, is "how can I emaulate the vibrato achieved via the mod wheel using aftertouch in its stead, without having to use the mod wheel even slightly"

As for anyone wanting to catch flights, I am looking for a tech for the tour ... showing up would get alot of points ;) Must be able to handle big rig (9 boards) including 2 voyagers ...