Voyager Problem Filter, Envelope, Output

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
djr34p

Voyager Problem Filter, Envelope, Output

Post by djr34p » Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:33 pm

I was storing friends Voyager in my studio for 2 months, and all of the sudden the second half of the synth is not working
Oscilators are generating sound, mixer is working, but filters, envelope and output is not working.

Tried updating firmware to 3.5, and still the same issue.
Can anyone tell me how I can resolve this?

VCO

Re: Voyager Problem Filter, Envelope, Output

Post by VCO » Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:38 am

How old is that voyager? Has it ever been transported or bumped. Was it used live? Did you try to reinstall the orginal OS? When was the last time it was played and was working? Has the voyager had only one owner or possibly been purchased used? Wonder if a connection has worked itself loose. Hopefully you can track down the problem and resolve it easily.
Wonder if any of the circuit boards have gone bad. Hopefully not.

djr34p

Post by djr34p » Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:33 pm

Thanks for the reply VCO
My bad, I was cleaning and repatching the studio. And realized that the cable was connected to filter out. Whew!
Should we delete this post not to confuse people?
I put in there 3.5 and it works fine, no issues

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:20 pm

I don't remember how are the guts of the Voyager, but you may want to check whether one of those wide cables is disconnected: a whole board may be just out of the circuit. What would suprise me is that no error message would be displayed in such a case, but worth checking.

EDIT: sorry, I hadn't seen the answer and solution! :)
Last edited by stiiiiiiive on Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VCO

Post by VCO » Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:04 pm

Good to hear you resolved your problem without issue. I prematurely thought something was wrong with my OBX8 and
It turned out it was just some faulty audio cables fortunately. I thought there was something wrong with the OBX8s Fatar synth action. It just happened to act intermittently while I played it but was causing the audio cables to move I assumed
the synth action and the aftertouch and velocity was wonky. It was a relief finding out it wasn’t something serious since I wouldn’t have been able to fix it since I’m not technically minded. It was right after I had just got it and I thought maybe it had been damaged when it was shipped.

BaileyDaugherty

Post by BaileyDaugherty » Thu Aug 24, 2023 12:39 am

Sorry about that, I was fixing up the studio. Then they figured out the filter was built into the cable. Whew!
We don't want to cause any confusion, therefore should we remove this post?
The number 3.5 I entered worked without a hitch.