Bome SendSX shows 1.1.1 firmware files being sent but no flashing lights on SH, no update

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
tgz

Bome SendSX shows 1.1.1 firmware files being sent but no flashing lights on SH, no update

Post by tgz » Sun May 07, 2023 1:13 am

Posted this on Reddit Subharmonicon, have read a bunch of firmware posts here and on web and studied manual.

Using Windows 10 I have a new Midimate eX usb/midi cable which shows up in the Bome SendSX. It is set to the midi out. Bome shows the 3 sets of firmware files as being sent but no lights flash on the subharmonicon.

I have the transfer speed set around 50% as recommended elsewhere (tried first a few times much slower). I restart Bome each time I send the 3 files (also recommended).

Tried several times, testing SH after by seeing if pitch bend is working, no go. Also tried several times on my Linux system first with same results: files are shown as being sent, Midimate cable PC input is flashing with the long firmware file transfer, but nothing flashing on the SH.

Any ideas? thank you
Edit: it was suggested I make sure the MIDI dongle is correct. It is the one that came with it (although I'm the second owner) and I have been using it with a MIDI keyboard to play notes on the SH. I'm assuming ability to trigger notes means it should also do the update?