Grandmother Arp rate (too fast?)

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
piergiorgio

Grandmother Arp rate (too fast?)

Post by piergiorgio » Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:59 pm

My arpeggiator rate seems to be very fast compared to some Grandmother videos I see on the web.

It works fine, but if I keep the knob at the minimum rate it seems that the bpm are 80, halfway 180, at the max I can't count them (very very fast).
Is it normal? Is there a way to adjust it?
Thanks

piergiorgio

Re: Grandmother Arp rate (too fast?)

Post by piergiorgio » Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:19 am

Hello again.

Update: I wrote to moog, who replied telling me to do a reset global setting, a note calibration and finally a pot calibration. Which I did, but the issue with the arpeggiator rate seems not solved.

However I started to notice that the two oscillators are not in tune if I position the frequency knob to 0 (the out-of-tune is almost imperceptible, but the modulation produced by the two is very clear and deep). How do I solve?

I've done the calibrations following this guide https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/ar ... nd-update/
is this reliable and up-to-date?
Thank you

dct

Re: Grandmother Arp rate (too fast?)

Post by dct » Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:05 pm

piergiorgio wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:59 pm My arpeggiator rate seems to be very fast compared to some Grandmother videos I see on the web.
It works fine, but if I keep the knob at the minimum rate it seems that the bpm are 80, halfway 180, at the max I can't count them (very very fast).
Ensure you don't have any CLOCK IN or MIDI IN clock connected.
My ARP can also go way down or up if I have an external clock giving a basic pace. The RATE control acts in this case as a divider/multiplier, which can exceed the normal standard range.
Just a thought.
keys: CX-3 II, GRANDMOTHER, streichfett, ZEN DELAY