Grandmother filter tracking + knobs sensitivity

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
rodion77

Grandmother filter tracking + knobs sensitivity

Post by rodion77 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:15 pm

Hello everyone , I just received my GM. A couple things seem a bit odd so I want to check them with other users here.
- filter kb tracking seems to be a bit off. I m trying to use the filter as a sine osc. No matter if I track it with the 1:1 switch or if I plug the kb cv out into the filter cutoff input : keyboard doesn’t track the filter properly. i play a simple c2-c3-c4 sequence and the pitch goes off by almost a semi tune across the 3 octaves. I have the latest firmware and ran the osc calibration and pot calibration routines. KB tracks the oscillators perfectly , but not the filter. Is it normal? Maybe my unit needs a filter re-calibration?
- The spring reverb and env decay knobs behave a bit oddly. it takes literally nothing to go from no reverb to a lot of reverb. same with the env decay : a very small movement of the pot makes the decay jump from a few ms decay to quite a longer one . it s like those knobs lack sensitivity in the very first part of their range . Does it happen to you as well ?

thanks a lot

dct

Re: Grandmother filter tracking + knobs sensitivity

Post by dct » Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:31 pm

No, most of your issues are really odd.
The only knobs which are very sensitive on mine are the attack & decay controls. But meanwhile I'm used to and I don't worry about it.
keys: CX-3 II, GRANDMOTHER, streichfett, ZEN DELAY