Subharmonicon - using keyboard to transpose 1 of the main oscillators?

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
VesselsMartin

Subharmonicon - using keyboard to transpose 1 of the main oscillators?

Post by VesselsMartin » Sun May 01, 2022 2:32 pm

Hi all

This might be a fairly basic question but hopefully someone here can help!

I have recently been using the Subharmonicon with fairly simple chords and changing root note with one or more oscillators to get variation in progression. Can get some sweet results but it's a bit unreliable for performance purposes as I only sometimes hit the notes I want.

Is there a way of using a CV or midi keyboard to change just one of the oscillators and have the result stay the same?

I know that recent firmware updates have enabled transposing the whole sequence but that's not what am looking for...

Thanks in advance!

Martin

Scheffer

Re: Subharmonicon - using keyboard to transpose 1 of the main oscillators?

Post by Scheffer » Tue May 10, 2022 2:30 am

I’m still an almost beginner, but i think you can try sending a CV in the VCO1 (or 2) input.

VesselsMartin

Post by VesselsMartin » Fri May 13, 2022 11:29 am

Thanks dude. Have been trying that with my BSP Pro. Seems to be working but also seems to change both main oscillators. Also I've seen various thing about the CV output from BSP pro being too much for the moogs to take. Have made a few adjustments but pretty hard to tell if it could damage my subh potentially. Anyone else have experience of this? Thanks! :D

rodion77

Post by rodion77 » Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:21 am

any cv signal plugged into vco 1 cv will transpose both vco1 and vco2. with the latest firmware you can achieve the same with midi. if you want to transpose only vco1 then you have to connect one of the seq outputs to vco2, so the external cv transposes vco1 only. otherwise you can connect your cv source straight to vco2, leaving the internal sequencers to control vco1