Matriarch Midi Clock Sync problems

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
masaski

Re: Matriarch Midi Clock Sync problems

Post by masaski » Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:15 am

Bumping this thread because this is a major issue for me and renders the synth almost unusable. It's truly shocking and very unpredictable. I've got £50 boxes that are rock solid sync-wise. It should be a no brainer for the Matriarch. Very close to returning it here as it's not fit for purpose. I've got a DFAM and that's bullet proof.

It kills any creative vibe and I don't even want to switch the thing on. MOOG! FFS! it's 2023!!!

£2000!!!!

My brain hurts.

Psychosynthesis

Post by Psychosynthesis » Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:20 am

Same problem here with the newest firmware (1.3). I was hoping the newest firmware would solve it!

I have tried:
  • Sending a 24PPQN clock directly from Ableton via a 3.5mm patch cable
  • Syncing it via MIDI cable with my Squarp Hermod
  • Syncing it with a 3.5mm patch cable into the clock-in with my Pamela's New Workout
  • Syncing it directly from my PC via a USB cable
  • Syncing it with an iConnectivity MIO USB to MIDI converter
I didn't have this issue when syncing via my Squarp Pyramid via a MIDI cable, at least I didn't notice it. I sold my Pyramid and it's been a pain trying to sync this thing since then. All my other gear syncs perfectly.

I am on a Mac Studio M1 using Ableton.

Has anyone managed to solve this?

Hast

Post by Hast » Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:08 pm

Hello,

Using Reaper, I have had problems with Matriarch receiving arp sync (USB midi clock) It seemed to be in time but like running with some random offset time. Very fustrating. Sometimes switching arp mode back and forth would suddenly lock it to correct time, sometimes not.

Today I noticed that if my song structure is built in Reaper not in the start of timeline but like 1500 bars away from bar 1 (don't ask why) the Matriarch's arp will be off time (running with offset) but if I delete the first empty 1300 bars and try again somewhere more in the beginning of timeline the Matriarch is perfectly in sync right away!

So in the other words, it seems to not handle long or late song / timeline positions?

murphster_matt

Post by murphster_matt » Wed Jun 21, 2023 1:07 pm

Hi All,

Same here, really disappointed, spent hours building a killer patch, no chance to record it or play anything which resembles what is should. Just Awful

Ableton Live + USB Sync + Matriarch = nothing musical :(

Greets

Matt

ortho

Post by ortho » Fri Jun 23, 2023 6:44 pm

I post this only to try to be helpful, but I don't have an issue with Midi Clock Sync. My Matriarch is conected via USB to Mac via Ableton. I have whatever the latest firmware is.

Like if I press the play seq and hold button on the Moog, then press a note (either in Seq or Arp mode), it runs at speed set by knob and has red LED. Once i hit play in Ableton the sync LED turns green and the clock adjusts to the Ableton BPM and the rhythm locks together. Delay sync seems to work normally as well with and without something plugged into one of the time inputs.

Feel free to ask me anything to try to get to the bottom of this. It's not that i didn't have major problems setting the Moog up with Ableton, but it was more about double triggering, hold button issues, etc. (i made a thread). Somehow i was spared from this issue. I feel for yall because my problem caused me so much headache.

xcc

Post by xcc » Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:28 pm

Also started having this issue out of the blue a few months ago. Has Moog ever responded to this issue?

Clootenti

Post by Clootenti » Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:58 pm

When I hooked up my Matriarch to Studio One with MIDI Clock, it was like a party gone wrong. Tried everything, but no luck. Eventually realized it was a timing thing – tweaked some settings on the Quantum 2626 and voila, smooth sailing.

xcc

Post by xcc » Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:01 am

It’s more than just MiDI for me at least. It does this when only connected by CV as well. Like there’s random modulation to the speed.