Summing Mixer Power Supply

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
sebastian.lock

Summing Mixer Power Supply

Post by sebastian.lock » Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:40 am

Does the power supply on the summing mixer from the Moog Sound Studios supply 12v dc? If so, could I use it to power my M-32, DFAM, and GMA? I assume yes, but I would rather have a second opinion before I just go plugging things in. Thank you for any responses.

Riggar

Re: Summing Mixer Power Supply

Post by Riggar » Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:01 am

I just checked my 4 way summing mixer power adapter and it's 12 v same as my DFAM adapter - so you can use it.
The difference is that the summing one supplies 3 A and the DFAM one supplies 1.2 A
It's not a big deal as units will draw what they need - albeit if something ever went wrong (coffee spill?) then drawing more current than it should would lead to ' not a good situtation '. Also keep in mind your warranty!

sebastian.lock

Re: Summing Mixer Power Supply

Post by sebastian.lock » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:16 pm

Riggar wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:01 am I just checked my 4 way summing mixer power adapter and it's 12 v same as my DFAM adapter - so you can use it.
The difference is that the summing one supplies 3 A and the DFAM one supplies 1.2 A
It's not a big deal as units will draw what they need - albeit if something ever went wrong (coffee spill?) then drawing more current than it should would lead to ' not a good situtation '. Also keep in mind your warranty!
Thank you much. I decided to air on the side of caution and just keep using the included power supplies. That way if they fail, it isn't my fault. :D
I appreciate your thoughtful response.