Subharmonican - is this normal behaviour?

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
CancelStandard

Subharmonican - is this normal behaviour?

Post by CancelStandard » Sun Dec 26, 2021 3:53 pm

Hi…just bought a Subharmonican and am trying to get my head around how the sequencer works. I have Seq 1 playing with one polyrhythm (Rhythm 1 is assigned to Seq 1. Seq 2 isn’t assigned to anything and is idle). VCO1 is assigned to Seq 1. However, and this is the bit I’m confused about, changing the VCO2 freq affects the sound and turning on the Seq 2 assign to OSC 2 in the oscillator section is also affected by Seq 1. Is this correct? I thought Seq 1 only affected VCO1 and Seq 2 only affected VCO2?

Thanks in advance

BradDale

Re: Subharmonican - is this normal behaviour?

Post by BradDale » Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:11 pm

I wish I could answer your question but I've come searching a similar but flipped problem. Sequencer 2 is absolutely triggering VCO 1 and I understood them to be isolated Seq 1 - VCO 1, Seq 2 - VCO 2. Frustrating.

shinhito

Re: Subharmonican - is this normal behaviour?

Post by shinhito » Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:25 pm

Yes, this as of the initial Firmware this is normal behaviour. By default, since there is only a single VCA and corresponding envelope each sequencer will trigger both VCOs. Pressing the Seq Assign buttons then assigns the corresponding pitch values of the sequencer's knobs to the VCOs.

You can however work around this by either turning down all of the VCO2 Level knobs to essentially 'solo' VCO1, or you can utilize the patchbay for the VCOs (keeping in mind that you can 'interrupt' the normalized signal flow by placing a jack into the input, it doesn't always need to have to also be connected to an output).