Grandmother, Koma Field Kits, and Ableton CV Tools

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
joeyfivecents

Grandmother, Koma Field Kits, and Ableton CV Tools

Post by joeyfivecents » Thu Dec 23, 2021 1:55 pm

I recently purchased a Grandmother and am loving it. I also have the Koma Field Kits which I have experimented with over the past two years. Since GM is semi-modular, I was wondering if anyone had any patch ideas or tips on how they've incorporated the Komas into their GM workflow. I'm also wondering the same thing about Ableton CV Tools and GM. Thanks in advance.

djrekd

Re: Grandmother, Koma Field Kits, and Ableton CV Tools

Post by djrekd » Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:25 pm

I'm not sure about the others exactly, but with CV tools you can do some stuff without a DC-coupled interface as long as you stick to just using gates/triggers (though you may be able to take advantage of the Koma's DC interface for that? I really don't know though, I'm unfamiliar with that device)

But with CV tools for example, you can clock/trigger the LFO in all sorts of different ways, I've found that very useful for recording filter sweeps that are perfectly timed and stuff like that. You could also probably send random values or related values etc, so there's a lot worth exploring just with that

joeyfivecents

Re: Grandmother, Koma Field Kits, and Ableton CV Tools

Post by joeyfivecents » Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:52 pm

Thanks for replying. Yes, since I initially asked the question, I started using CV Tools with Grandmother. I have a MOTU Ultralite MK5 which is dc coupled. I'm also sending cv from field kits to grandmother and back to CV Tools. The possibilities are endless. It's been fun. I just didn't know if anyone here had experience with it. It's funny because I thought Grandmother would be everything I needed/wanted but now I want a Matriarch. Haha