MIDI Issue with Subharmonicon and Eventide Space

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
spd974

MIDI Issue with Subharmonicon and Eventide Space

Post by spd974 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:03 pm

Hi guys,

First of all, I am happy to be a new member of this community. :)

Here is my problem: I have a Moog Studio Bundle with DFAM, SubH and M32. I also have an Eventide Space reverb pedal also.

Today, I received my midi cables and I was trying and hoping to use the Eventide Space as a master clock through MIDI for the M32 and SubH (I also have the midi splitter from MIDI Solutions).

On the M32, the clock out of the Space pedal comes in fine. I can manually start the sequencer and it seems all good.

My issue and concern is on the SubH, MIDI does not seem to do anything. When I press play, nothing happens.

I was hoping that the clock would just set the tempo on the synths. I also noticed that I have no light next to the MIDI ports indicating a MIDI in signal.

Am I missing something? Is is possible that my pedal only sends clock and I would need a START signal?

If that is the case, how come I can start the M32 with Play but not the SubH?

Thanks!!

spd974

Re: MIDI Issue with Subharmonicon and Eventide Space

Post by spd974 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:41 pm

Hey guys,

I figured it out in case anyone else runs into this issue: the reverb pedal is not sending any MIDI Start command. As a result the sequencer on the SubH is not starting.

I purchased a Keystep 37 and the Start/Stop button on there starts the sequencer just fine.

Regarding LED lights, same issue really, nothing but clock was coming out of the reverb pedal. As a result, no MIDI instruction (notes, start, stop and so on) came through and as a result, the LEDs never turned on. With the Arturia, it works just fine.

Long story short, trying to use a reverb pedal as a master clock was not a good move! :D

My Digitakt arrives tomorrow, that should make a fantastic MIDI brain.