VERY ODD Mother-32 and Grandmother clock/temp combo issue

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
tick-tock

VERY ODD Mother-32 and Grandmother clock/temp combo issue

Post by tick-tock » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:28 pm

I have a VERY odd issue with my Mother-32 and Grandmother that ONLY happens with each other...

When I send clock from my Grandmother (via CLOCK OUT on back) to the Mother-32 (via TEMPO IN), the Mother-32's LED stutters and nothing happens with the sequence.

BUT

1.) If I send any other device's tempo/clock to the Mother-32 TEMPO IN, it works like a charm.

2.)If I send the Grandmother's CLOCK OUT to any other device, it works like a charm.

It is ONLY when the Mother-32 receives TEMPO IN from the Grandmother's CLOCK OUT that the Mother-32 fails.

Also,

I tried running the GM's clock out thru it's attenuator then multing that output to the M32 tempo in and an ocilloscope.

M32 works fine when GM's clock output is +1v to ~ 3.4v, but stops registering when greater than ~+3.4v.

Is the Grandmother's clock output edge slope not enough to trigger the M32's 1v/msec threshold at normal 0-5v range? (but remember, other devices have no problem syncing)

Is it that the M32's tempo input is too sensitive? (but remember, it works fine with clock signals from other devices)

Is it both? ODD, right?