Fix Midi Notes Getting Stuck When Trying to Sequence MIDI From Your DAW

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
Pierrenoid

Fix Midi Notes Getting Stuck When Trying to Sequence MIDI From Your DAW

Post by Pierrenoid » Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:14 pm

Like most of these "bugs" they're usually solved by a simple fix.

Basically, I was trying to send a sequence of notes FROM Studio One 5 TO my Moog Grandmother to then playback and record. Simple right? Wrong!
I kept experiencing notes getting stuck on my grandmother whenever I tried triggering notes from a midi controller/DAW.
It was so bad that the only way to get my Grandmother out of this MIDI loop K hole was to shut the power off to the synth and reboot.
The simple fix to this was by connecting a "USBtoMIDI" cable directly FROM my computer TO my "midi in" port of my Moog Grandmother.
Stupid of me, (but not so stupid because I saw other people doing the same thing) I was connecting a MIDI cable
directly FROM the "MIDI OUT" port of the interface TO the Moog Grandmother MIDI in.

The MIDI info that was coming from the interface was the problem. Simply connect directly from the computer to the synth.
Hope this helps somebody out there.

Cheers!

burymyteeth

Re: Fix Midi Notes Getting Stuck When Trying to Sequence MIDI From Your DAW

Post by burymyteeth » Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:20 pm

Hi there, I'm having the same issue. I don't understand, why is it a problem to connect the MIDI out from my interface to the MIDI in of my Grandmother? This has always worked fine for me actually. I moved apartments and now I have this issue with stuck MIDI notes and can't figure it out. I've eliminated everything and its definitely just the MIDI coming from Logic.