Subharmonicon Seq Clk 1+2 lag @ output

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
Humdrum

Subharmonicon Seq Clk 1+2 lag @ output

Post by Humdrum » Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:58 pm

I am a new Subharmonicon owner and I rather immediately found a core issue with this instrument. Sequence 1 and 2 trigger outputs (seq clk) are delayed from the internal clock. The lag seems to be a ratio of the internal clock as it grows more apparent at lower tempos. It seems to effect the seq clk outputs but not the trigger outputs. I see this issue was mentioned on another thread related to the Dfam but I felt it deserved its own and I am wondering how many others are dealing with this and if anyone has found a workaround/fix.

These triggers are fundamental to the way I envision using this machine. I just contacted Moog about it and yes they knew about it all along (years now) but never informed the pubic. They let me know that it is being worked on and the estimate was three months till a firmware release.

I feel Moog has blown the trust by not being up front about this issue. Letting us each find it on own our and then acting annoyed when we contact customer support. This has been my experience thus far, it makes it hard to trust their gear. :oops:

andybutler

Re: Subharmonicon Seq Clk 1+2 lag @ output

Post by andybutler » Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:41 am

Moog are aware of the issue.
They have a list of bugs that need fixing.

Moog tech support has been a bit variable, at best there's enthusiastic thanks for a well made bug report.
At worst....just ignore any post.
Worst ever, given an email to 'apply to be a Beta tester' which entailed answering plenty of irrelevant questions and .....absolutely no response.

I think there's been staff changes at Moog which may help explain, but even when tech support was decent the fact that that they hire in the talent to do the actual tech stuff meant that the person who actually knew the answer no longer worked for the company.