Global edit functions not working in Grandmother v1.1.3

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
tick-tock

Global edit functions not working in Grandmother v1.1.3

Post by tick-tock » Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:15 am

According to the manual, there are a pair of functions within the global edit mode that allow me to load factory settings and show firmware version. The indicator is the 3 LHC buttons blinking (varies depending on which function is selected).

When I try, I get nothing. Neither of these functions seem to work, as loading factory settings is also supposed to exit global edit mode, which doesn't happen.

I did try reloading the FW and the behavior is still present. Anybody else see this or have an idea what's going on?

dct

Re: Global edit functions not working in Grandmother v1.1.3

Post by dct » Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:48 am

I came directly from old 1.0.6 version to the new 1.1.3 back on June. First thing I tried was exactly this:
SHIFT+SYNC A#2+G#0
it gave me the correct information with the lamp buttons blinking one - one - three.

But I did have to repeat twice the last steps of the firmware update procedure until it went through it completely. Are you sure it installed the new FW correctly?
keys: CX-3 II, GRANDMOTHER, streichfett, ZEN DELAY

tick-tock

Re: Global edit functions not working in Grandmother v1.1.3

Post by tick-tock » Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:26 pm

It works now!?

Here's what I did different. I ran an oscillator calibration (which by the way worked wonders for my tuning!) and figured I'd verify your question, if the FW actually installed, so I checked a different new feature introduced at the same time in 1.0.6 and that worked. So, I tried again and... it worked?!