Matriarch - Global Setting "Delayed Keyboard Octave Shift" has no effect

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
dangerous

Matriarch - Global Setting "Delayed Keyboard Octave Shift" has no effect

Post by dangerous » Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:25 am

The keyboard Octave Up/Down functions (SHIFT + PLAY buttons for Octave Down, and SHIFT + TAP buttons for Octave Up) can be set to take effect immediately, transposing any notes that are currently being held on the keyboard, or their effect can be delayed, meaning that any currently held notes will not be transposed, but new notes played after using the Octave Up/Down function will sound at the new octave. Use the lowest two white keys to select OFF (C0), or ON (D0). The Default is ON.
I cannot change this setting. Regardless of what I set, the Matriarch will react immediately to me changing the octave, transposing the currently held note. Does everyone have this problem, or just me?

moogy_j

Re: Matriarch - Global Setting "Delayed Keyboard Octave Shift" has no effect

Post by moogy_j » Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:40 pm

Just tested it and have the same issue. Looks like a bug. I am running firmware 1.2.3.

John
FuzzyCat Software - Software tools for musicians - www.fuzzy-cat.com

"Chonky" - free global parameter manager software for the Moog Matriarch and Grandmother - www.fuzzy-cat.com/products

dangerous

Post by dangerous » Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:26 am

I had my Matriarch replaced for another reason (broken key), my new one has the same issue. I also noticed that `pitch variance` and `delay sequence change` also have no effect :(

jonmanness

Post by jonmanness » Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:49 am

Same issue over here, running 1.2.3. Hope it gets fixed soon because it's fun effect to hold a high chord in 4-voice paraphonic unison and gliss down to a low note.

djchilxxn

Post by djchilxxn » Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:22 pm

This is still an issue for me, I have 1.2.3 - has anyone resolved this issue? I really want delayed octave shift i use it in my playing style a lot and i'd love to find a fix.

dangerous

Post by dangerous » Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:22 am

Daniel Fisher mentioned it in his deep dive, and said that Moog know about it and are working on a fix