Pitch In Bug?

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
Weston Underwood

Pitch In Bug?

Post by Weston Underwood » Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:00 am

Hi

I wish to disconnect an oscillator from the keyboard/seq. Easy I though, I'll plug a patch cable into 'pitch in', outcome = makes no difference. Ok i thought, I'll send a signal from an attenuvertor and tune from there, outcome = a pitch offset not a true pitch input.

Is this a firmware bug, hardware bug or some sort of design feature which purpose hasn't yet occurred to me!

I searched the forum and someone else brought it up about 12 months ago.

I'll write to support too.

dct

Re: Pitch In Bug?

Post by dct » Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:22 pm

You are not specific enough regarding the device you are asking for. Supposed it is a Grandmother or Matriarch, the PITCH IN voltage adds up with the OSC voltage. It doesn't nullify the OSC.
I suppose what you are looking for is in the MIXER section. Putting a connection into OSC x IN cuts the audio signal from this OSC.
keys: CX-3 II, GRANDMOTHER, streichfett, ZEN DELAY

Weston Underwood

Post by Weston Underwood » Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:12 am

On many of my synths I can remove the pitch of an oscillator from the keyboard to allow a drone while playing over the top. Including the voyager. This is what I'm trying to achieve.

It cannot be done it seems and I am wondering if this is secondary to a design issue which cannot be fixed or something which can be sorted by firmware.

It seems a great shame to have the luxury of 4 oscillators and not to be able to disengage one or more from keyboard if this is the case.

hudri

Post by hudri » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:16 am

So you are talking about Matriarch?
It has
  • 4 oscillators that are always controlled by keyboard/seq/midi
  • 2 separate oscillators that are always independent of keyboard/seq/midi
  • 2 oscillators (filter feedback) that have adjustable keyboard dependency 0-100%
  • access to hundreds of oscillators in eurorack
The possibilities are there. Use them!

Oh, and it you absolutely insist on using one of the 4 primary oscillators, connect a cable from KB CV to an attenuverter input, turn it completely left and connect its output to pitch-in of your chosen oscillator.

Weston Underwood

Post by Weston Underwood » Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:42 pm

Thanks for the suggestions.

I realise that both LFOs can do reasonable audio rate but isolation of pitch normalled to an oscillator seems a standard thing rather than a situation to recruit something else. That was my question.

With regards to the other suggestions, my filters don’t track brilliantly across the keyboard and the keyboard cv attenuverter method doesn’t track either. Interesting though it is.

Looks like it’s the LFO.