Oscillator 1 not working on Grandmother

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
Big Acid

Oscillator 1 not working on Grandmother

Post by Big Acid » Tue May 11, 2021 11:46 am

Hey all, forgive me if this has been asked and answered already. I couldn't find the answer in any search I did. I got a Moog Grandmother about a month ago. It's been working perfectly fine so far, but yesterday I took it to my friend's studio so we could write and record and Oscillator 1 is not working at all. Oscillator 2 works fine, but Oscillator 1 is generating no sound at all. My question is: is there a way to fix this with either recalibration or reinstalling the firmware or does it sound more like something I'll have to send in to get repaired. I'm an analog synth newbie, so any help/advice at all is welcome. Thank you!

faty0shi

Re: Oscillator 1 not working on Grandmother

Post by faty0shi » Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:10 pm

Were you able to get that fixed?? I just got my first Moog. Same unit and same issue. Oscillator 1 knob is all the way up and i heard cracks when I change the wave table but I dont hear any sound anymore. I hear number 2. And I was hearing 1 earlier.

lau71

Post by lau71 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:25 am

I'm experiencing the same issue.
I will try to re-install the firmware to see if that fixes the issue (Recalibration has been going on for more than 30 mins, without any luck)

lau71

Post by lau71 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:09 am

Update: the oscillator now seems to work. I tried to restart it several times, also removing the actual plug, and the oscillator 1 eventually came back to life.

lau71

Post by lau71 » Sat Oct 15, 2022 1:59 pm

I keep on having problems with oscillator 1.
Have tried reinstalling the firmware, did the pod calibration, but the issue keeps on recurring each time I restart the Moog (Doesn't matter for how long I warm it up).
Now I had the Moog on for hours and hours but there's no sign of life for that oscillator.
When I try to recalibrate, the lights flash very quickly and nothing happens at all.
Is there anything that the Moog team can suggest?

gracebrother

Post by gracebrother » Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:48 pm

I am having the same issue. Bought mine at the Ashville HQ in April '22. Warming up & re-starting multiple times with random sucess. I also tried patching into, out of, etc. I've logged in less than 20 hours on it.