Subharmonicon rhythm phase

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
atubu

Subharmonicon rhythm phase

Post by atubu » Mon May 10, 2021 9:01 am

Does anyone have any tricks for controlling the relative phase of the rhythms? I've noticed if two rhythms are set to the same rate, reset will start them in phase with each other, but if you adjust one a bit faster, but then return it to the original rate, it will often be out of phase with the non-adjusted rhythm. I find these out of phase rhythms very interesting, but I haven't figured out a good way to control them other than tweaking randomly, which isn't ideal in the performance situation. I'm wondering if anyone has figured out better techniques for controlling this? It would be great if you could somehow reset the rhythms independently to control their phases, but I don't think that's possible?

atubu

Re: Subharmonicon rhythm phase

Post by atubu » Tue May 11, 2021 8:34 am

This is what I'm talking about:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/JR3hHTmCdGALZNAfA

But the more I get to know the instrument, the more I think this is the way to work with it, experimenting and adapting, not controlling. I really do love it.

joeel

Post by joeel » Thu May 13, 2021 5:25 pm

I think using the Reset button/CV a lot is the only way to control the rhythm generators. Adjusting them when it's running will yield interesting results as you say but that's just part of how it works

tao jones

Post by tao jones » Wed May 19, 2021 2:47 pm

atubu wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 8:34 am This is what I'm talking about:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/JR3hHTmCdGALZNAfA

But the more I get to know the instrument, the more I think this is the way to work with it, experimenting and adapting, not controlling. I really do love it.
I really like what you said about experimenting and adapting as opposed to controlling! I think that's why I really like the subharmonicon... coming from VSTis where you can control everything.

(:-(I))))

Post by (:-(I)))) » Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:14 pm

Does anyone know if it is possible to place a rest in the sequence on the Subharmonicon.