Matriarch - CV Out from the incoming Midi signal?

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
ghanimist

Matriarch - CV Out from the incoming Midi signal?

Post by ghanimist » Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:29 am

Newbie with Matriarch. Still searching for a very basic thing: How can I access the CV Out signal from notes played to the Matriarch via Midi (USB)? I'm running a sequence from my DAW into Matriarch and can't access a CV out signal. Like the Keyboard CV OUT.
Best regards,
Ralf

bmiller128

Re: Matriarch - CV Out from the incoming Midi signal?

Post by bmiller128 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:22 pm

Hi Ralf,

From what I can tell, Aftertouch works as you'd expect (the KB AT OUT patch point responds to MIDI aftertouch). And I think Mod Wheel CCs affect the Modulation / LFO amount, but not the MOD WHL OUT patch point. But unfortunately the rest (KB CV OUT, KB VEL OUT, etc.) don't do anything when you send a MIDI note.

Given that Aftertouch works properly, hopefully that means that the hardware supports this and the others might be fixable in firmware.

I had sent a message to Moog support about this back in November but never got a reply; I just sent a follow-up today since I ran into the same issue again in some music I was working on. Maybe if everybody who's run into this issue contacts Moog support, eventually they might get back to us.

-Ben

Moobert Rogue

Post by Moobert Rogue » Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:47 am

Created a ticket for this almost a year ago, no reply.

If you are ableton user though, you can use Live’s MIDI and CV tools to convert velocity information to CV and send it to your Matriarch through one of your audio interface’s out channels, good luck :)

nezzyidy

Post by nezzyidy » Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:45 pm

I think he means note CV - it is possible to get that out (try the seq out patch point and the keyboard out patch point) if those don’t work then you may need to revert to a previous matriarch firmware (I think 1.1.0) - then one of those two patch points should work. Also velocity out won’t work but after touch will. (So I’ve heard)