Mother 32 playing unwanted MIDI 'off' notes

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
gibc

Mother 32 playing unwanted MIDI 'off' notes

Post by gibc » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:02 am

Hi.

I have a Moog Mother 32 that I am sequencing externally via MIDI from an Akai MPC1000 (jjos2xl).

It works perfectly for a while but after a short time it starts playing what appear to be ghost notes. When a note is played an unwanted second MIDI note 'off' gets played upon release of the first note. This is temporarily fixed by unplugging the M32 and turning it back on again but after a few moments/cycles the same problem occurs.

I have also tried to sequence directly from my DAW (Logic Pro) and the same problem happens after a few minutes.

Any suggestions for a fix of this problem would be greatly appreciated. Apologies for my lack of technical terminology!

Thanks.

gibc

Re: Mother 32 playing unwanted MIDI 'off' notes

Post by gibc » Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:06 pm

Is there anybody out there who can help me with this problem? I updated the firmware by the way.

Any solution would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

ceejay642000

Post by ceejay642000 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:38 am

I hope a solution comes up here..I have had the same issue as you since day 1 with my M32. It happens with a Keystep, a Keystep Pro, anything that I use to control it so it's definitely the M32 that the issues are with. Constantly unplugging the M32 to reset it back to normal...ugh.

alfiedotwtf2

Post by alfiedotwtf2 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:59 am

I posted last night in a new thread for the Matriarch, and it looks like this could be the same issue.

I've found that the ghost note, and then all other weirdness (like changing LFO rate and portamento by just playing keys) happens after hitting 120 keys. It's almost like the buffer is reading 120 keys and not getting drained properly (a potential buffer overrun perhaps in the code).