My Grandmother is acting funky

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
Traceradams

My Grandmother is acting funky

Post by Traceradams » Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:32 am

So Im pretty new to synthesizers, and i was messing around with my Moog grandmother
I patched my mod wave into my attenuator and from there into my VCA amount to get a tremolo effect, but my attenuator wouldnt control the tremolo like it was supposed to, So i tried to recallibrate my synth, but i totally spaced pulling out my patch cables ( I know :/ im kinda braindead) and now my mod wont turn off even with the mod wheel down, I recallibrated a couple more times to try and clear it, didnt work. the only way i can have my modulation off is if i have all of the nobs turned to the left under the mod section, i tried uploading the latest firmware to see if that would clear it but that didnt work either, any suggestions?

dct

Re: My Grandmother is acting funky

Post by dct » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:17 am

(watching)
Weird behaviour. As long as you don't exceed +/- 10 V you will not mess up the electronic in modern modular systems. You can connect the patch points also with some outboard electronic or even a battery pack (below 10 V): Works as expected.
I did far more erratic patch stuff and never had a problem with my GM.
If you really have an electric problem now, you should get in touch with moog support.
keys: CX-3 II, GRANDMOTHER, streichfett, ZEN DELAY

Whagan

Re: My Grandmother is acting funky

Post by Whagan » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:55 am

So this happened to me the other day when I recalibrated my grandmother. You are going to need to recalibrate the knobs too by plugging it into your computer via USB A to USB B cable.

Essentially, when it recalibrates the oscillators and whatnot, it can mess with the mod section controls.

https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/ar ... nd-update/ should be the guide you need.

Once I recalibrated the knobs and updated the firmware, its been perfect