Matriarch Midi-to-CV to possible?

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
monosources

Matriarch Midi-to-CV to possible?

Post by monosources » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:02 pm

I am able to convert Midi from Logic through the Mother 32 and send CV and Gate info to my modular. But when I try the same thing on the Matriarch, it does not work. Is there a Global setting i am missing? Anyone able to do this with their Matriarch and can advise?

Steril

Re: Matriarch Midi-to-CV to possible?

Post by Steril » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:45 am

I have exactly the same problem. Can anyone help? Ist the Matriarch working as Midi>CV interface somehow?

Markyboard

Post by Markyboard » Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:06 pm

I believe the CV jacks are hardwired to the dedicated physical controller circuit output - not the summation point of the midi derived signal and the physical controller.

I'm guessing this could be modified in hardware but again, just guessing at this point.

bmiller128

Post by bmiller128 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:41 pm

Aftertouch seems to work properly (the CV output responds to MIDI Channel Aftertouch), but none of the others do (velocity, pitch, mod wheel). Hopefully this means that the others could be enabled with a firmware fix, but who knows what's actually going on inside. Aside from using Matriarch as a MIDI-to-CV converter, this also makes playing the Matriarch from an external sequencer or controller fairly useless if you want to do any patching at all.

I wrote to Moog support about this a couple months ago, but never heard back.

Markyboard

Post by Markyboard » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:18 pm

I had to delete my initial response after realizing my controller was assigning modwheel to AT pressure. You are correct and it leaves me thinking the same. If AT can effect the CV output jack over midi then velocity and the modwheel should work the same way. Hopefully it is just a firmware fix.

While they’re at it I wish they would add volume CC7 and going the other way I wish the pedal would send a CC like expression CC11). That may be asking for too much.

ghanimist

Post by ghanimist » Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:43 am

Same problem here. Resulting in the fact, that patches I made using the Matriarch Keyboard can't be played back properly from my DAW, which is very important for me as working for film. Some patches sound totally different ( different oscillator levels ), some of them which use CV out as a mod source don't work at all via Midi... I hope this can be fixed somehow.
Best,
Ralf