Matriarch Velocity via MIDI

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
5HT

Matriarch Velocity via MIDI

Post by 5HT » Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:47 am

Hi all,

Is there a way to let the matriarch respond to incoming velocity and aftertouch MIDI? I'd like to play the matriarch from a different controller, and still be able to use the CV outs.

bmiller128

Re: Matriarch Velocity via MIDI

Post by bmiller128 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:11 pm

From what I've seen, aftertouch (KB AT OUT) is the only one that responds to MIDI. The mod wheel sort of responds (MIDI mod wheel CCs affect the Modulation section,, but don't affect the MOD WHL OUT CV). Velocity doesn't seem to affect anything.

I emailed Moog support a while back to ask them about this and ask whether it could be fixed in firmware, but got no response. But you could try emailing them as well - hopefully the more emails they get about this issue, the more likely they'll be to pay attention to it.

-Ben

hellleutel

Post by hellleutel » Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:08 pm

Hi there, I was surprised to see this, too, and I will write to moog with this request. It should be doable with a new firmware, shouldn't it?

Sundevil

Post by Sundevil » Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 am

"There is a bug on the latest firmware revisions that prevents the Matriarch from sending MIDI data through some of the rear panel CV jacks. There is no ETA at this time, but our engineers are aware of the issue and working hard on the future firmware update that corrects this behavior.”
— Moog Support

The temporary ‘fix’ is to download firmware V1.1.0.

:twisted: