Matriarch - MIDI not affecting some patch points

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
bmiller128

Matriarch - MIDI not affecting some patch points

Post by bmiller128 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:23 am

Hi everybody,

I've noticed that my Matriarch responds inconsistently to the various types of control messages received from an external MIDI controller (in my case, my computer running Renoise). Here's what I've seen:

- Channel Aftertouch works great: it affects the KB AT OUT patch point as expected.
- Velocity doesn't do anything: it doesn't affect either KB VEL OUT or Arp/Seq VEL OUT (I've tried various global settings, including Arp/Seq CV Out Mirrors KB CV, and turning on/off Local Control).
- Mod Wheel (CC 1) affects the internally-routed connections from the Modulation section (Cutoff Amt, Pitch Amt, Pulse Width Amt), but does not affect the MOD WHL OUT patch point.
- CV OUT (on either front or rear panel) doesn't respond to the MIDI note. (Again, I've tried turning on and off Local Control and Arp/Seq CV Out Mirrors KB CV.)

Is this consistent with the behavior anyone else has seen? I know it could be an issue with my computer, software, or USB/MIDI interface, but the fact that Aftertouch works and Mod Wheel sort of works suggests that this is just how the Matriarch's firmware is configured. I've sent an email to Moog support to ask them, but haven't heard back yet.

Thanks!
-Ben

cmoog

Re: Matriarch - MIDI not affecting some patch points

Post by cmoog » Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:57 pm

Hi,
I am seeing the same with my Matriarch. :(
It seems like that MIDI Channel AT-> KB AT OUT seems to be the only working MIDI2CV patch point on the current firmware.
(I am running firmware v1.2.3 with Ableton Live.)
Did you hear back from Moog support yet?
Regards,
Christian

bmiller128

Post by bmiller128 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:58 am

No, unfortunately I haven't heard back from Moog on this issue yet. It's strange, because the only other time I emailed them (about a different problem) I heard back within a day or so.

Anyway, maybe if more people let them know about this problem they'll start paying more attention.

-Ben

cmoog

Post by cmoog » Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:20 am

Agreed. I just emailed support and will update as soon as I here back.
-Christian

zilch42

Post by zilch42 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:55 am

I'm having the same issue. Did anyone ever get a reply from Moog?