Broken Matriarch Delay and Multi Trig LEDs after leaving synth on for a few hours

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
pedrov

Broken Matriarch Delay and Multi Trig LEDs after leaving synth on for a few hours

Post by pedrov » Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:50 pm

Hi!

So I got a Matriarch a few months ago as my first analog synth with a keyboard. Everything was going fine until I accidentally left it on for like 5 or 6 hours. Now the LEDs on the right side of the keyboard are behaving funny or stuck.

I'm talking about the Delay Sync, Ping Pong and Multi Trig buttons, which are always on. The Time LED on the delay is always off.

The buttons do what they are supposed to, as in if I turn on delay sync or multi trig I clearly hear it's working. But the LEDs are always on. The LED that shows they delay time is always off no matter what mode I'm on.

This happens something like 80% of the time I'm using the synth, sometimes they blink funny and fix themselves for a while. It totally looks like a hardware problem, like something shorted or loose on the board or the LED driver or mux chip is fried. Anyone else had the same problem? Is it normal for this to happen on a synth like this if it's on for too long? My room is not hot, it's pretty cold actually.

Also I got the Guitar Center protection plan when I got this synth. Anyone knows if it's better to talk to them for a replacement/refund or if it's better to send it to Moog directly? It's the first time I have a problem like this with a musical instrument.

I tried reflashing firmware and leaving it off with everything unplugged for a day and it didn't help.

Thanks!

joncmusic

Re: Broken Matriarch Delay and Multi Trig LEDs after leaving synth on for a few hours

Post by joncmusic » Mon Dec 11, 2023 3:21 pm

Did this ever get sorted out? I have the exact same thing happening to mine right now!