Matriarch: Arpeggiator Hold Behavior

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
alex.allred

Matriarch: Arpeggiator Hold Behavior

Post by alex.allred » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:33 pm

Hey there,

I've had my Matriarch for a couple of days now and love it. I noticed that when play and hold are enabled for the arpeggiator, I can play and hold notes no problem. When I turn off the play button, sometimes at random, the last note that played will be held. It doesn't always behave this way and sometimes the arp pattern stops when I turn the play button off. I have a GM and the notes are never held when I turn off the play button with hold still being on. On the Matriarch, when the note is held I can play other notes on the keyboard and they are also held. When I turn play back on, it will pick the arp back up based on what I last played. Alternatively, if the note gets held when I turn play off, I can press play again and the pattern will pick back up, but it quickly shuffles through a few notes before it picks the pattern back up at the designated rate. Is this normal behavior or does this sound like the arp/hold function seems to be malfunctioning?

I just realized on my GM that when just the hold button is enabled, it will hold the note as if it was droning. I get the same behavior on the Matriarch (I'm assuming this is normal behavior for the hold button?). Although as previously mentioned, my GM doesn't hold notes when turning off the arp play button like the Matriarch does if both the play and hold button are enabled.

Any input or insight into this would be greatly appreciated.

moogy_j

Re: Matriarch: Arpeggiator Hold Behavior

Post by moogy_j » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:57 pm

I was able to reproduce both issues - when you press play again and the hold button is on - you get a short burst of notes before the sequence plays.

Notes get stuck on when turning off Play while Hold is on.

Did you report this to Moog?

John
FuzzyCat Software - Software tools for musicians - www.fuzzy-cat.com

"Chonky" - free global parameter manager software for the Moog Matriarch and Grandmother - www.fuzzy-cat.com/products