new grandmother firmware out!

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
ummagumma

new grandmother firmware out!

Post by ummagumma » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:56 am

got a notification from Moog about this: anyone who has been having issues tried it out yet?

Mortyel

Re: new grandmother firmware out!

Post by Mortyel » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:32 am

I just tried it out and I have two issues already.
1) Gated glide is not working. When in drone and I release a key and then press another key, it jumps to the new key directly.
2) Multitrigger still does not work :’( Any ideas? I have been trying to set it multiple times with no luck. Even resetted all globals and tried again.

Jorg

Post by Jorg » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:00 am

Same goes for the Matriarch. Wanted to check if anyone installed it and came across any problems.

bichuelo

Post by bichuelo » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:47 am

Installed them on both without any problems
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

Skotchi

Post by Skotchi » Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:51 pm

Unfortunately, I've run into a problem: After sending the Invalidate file to my Matriarch, the Arp rate never stops blinking green and orange. Even after removing the USB cable and rebooting the Matriarch, the Arp rate continues to blink green and orange after startup (without having tried to send the Invalidate again). As per their instructions, I've tried multiple times, but I can never get out the initial update mode.

I have an email out to Moog for assistance.

Mortyel

Post by Mortyel » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:23 pm

I have problem with gated glide and multitrigger. Still not working.

moogy_j

Post by moogy_j » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:18 pm

Skotchi wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:51 pm Unfortunately, I've run into a problem: After sending the Invalidate file to my Matriarch, the Arp rate never stops blinking green and orange. Even after removing the USB cable and rebooting the Matriarch, the Arp rate continues to blink green and orange after startup (without having tried to send the Invalidate again). As per their instructions, I've tried multiple times, but I can never get out the initial update mode.

I've just successfully updated my Matriarch - I believe this is the way that it was for me also. Did you try going to the next step and send the firmware erase file?

John
FuzzyCat Software - Software tools for musicians - www.fuzzy-cat.com

"Chonky" - free global parameter manager software for the Moog Matriarch and Grandmother - www.fuzzy-cat.com/products

Skotchi

Post by Skotchi » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:07 am

moogy_j wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:18 pm
Skotchi wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:51 pm Unfortunately, I've run into a problem: After sending the Invalidate file to my Matriarch, the Arp rate never stops blinking green and orange. Even after removing the USB cable and rebooting the Matriarch, the Arp rate continues to blink green and orange after startup (without having tried to send the Invalidate again). As per their instructions, I've tried multiple times, but I can never get out the initial update mode.

I've just successfully updated my Matriarch - I believe this is the way that it was for me also. Did you try going to the next step and send the firmware erase file?

John
Hi John,
I did finally hear back from Moog; that's what they suggested, and I was able to update successfully by moving on to the Erase step.

Thanks for your comment!

SteveW

Post by SteveW » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:07 pm

I use MIDI-OX on W10.

Had to set buffers to 2048 and 256 of them for the main firmware Sysex file to send without "out of memory" errors.

I wish Moog had provided a little more info in their instructions. BOME if you haven't used it before is not exactly transparent.

How do I know if the update "took"?

EDIT: Never mind, figured it out, it worked! Used the Global Settings option, top black key and penultimate bottom black key to check version.