Favorite way of connecting DFAM/Mother/SubH to Matriarch

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
hardgame

Favorite way of connecting DFAM/Mother/SubH to Matriarch

Post by hardgame » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:26 pm

I have taken the full nose dive into this semi modular thing, and I am so wonderfully lost. The best part of it is that cool stuff happens even when you have no idea what's going on. It is truly a "the medium is the message" artistic experience. Anyways, I have been using Mother's multi outs to the DFAM/SubH clock's to get them all working together to make cool explorations. I found a really good deal on a used Matriarch yesterday, and I have a general idea of what's going on with it as a single unit. However, I am curious as to what has been user's favorite ways of connecting the three units to Matriarch. Moog's YouTube has some tutorials on how to connect DFAM and Mother to Grandmother/Matriarch, but nothing including all three with the SubH. Can I use SubH or DFAM outs to Matriarch since both of Mother's multi outs are patched to them already?

MrBlue

Re: Favorite way of connecting DFAM/Mother/SubH to Matriarch

Post by MrBlue » Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:42 am

You can ask for help around here! :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsnJWmvwugM
Music is emotion suspended in space and time
illustrasons

mreid

Re: Favorite way of connecting DFAM/Mother/SubH to Matriarch

Post by mreid » Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:28 am

Thanks for the link to my video!

I’ve tried a few different ways of syncing the clocks of the 60hp trio with the Matriarch. In that video I’m using the M32 as the main clock and run its Assign out to the DFAM, SH, and Matriarch via a Qu-Bit splitter (it’s the weird black thing just to the right of the M32): https://www.qubitelectronix.com/shop/cable-splitter

More recently, I’ve been using the Matriarch as the clock source and running it into the DFAM’s ADV/CLOCK input and then running the DFAM’s TRIGGER out into the Qu-Bit splitter and then into the SH’s CLOCK in and M32’s TEMPO. You could also use the M32’s mult instead of the Qu-Bit splitter in this case.