Subharmonicon + DFAM: no sound at all trying one of the patches from Moog

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
Aljen

Subharmonicon + DFAM: no sound at all trying one of the patches from Moog

Post by Aljen » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:34 am

Hello there,

having got my Subharmonicon these days (one of the ten units delivered to the big German dealer, to be exact), I am just exploring the patches in duo with DFAM or Mother 32 which can be downloaded bei Moog. Most of them are really helpful to learn understanding the ways the little Semimodulars talk to each other. They are great launch ramps for one's own ideas, too!

With one exception as far: for the "Subharmonicon + DFAM" collection, I cannot get any sound from the "Revolving Door" patch. The DFAM sequencer LEDs run neatly upon hitting RUN, but there is not a single note when played by sequencer. Hitting the Trigger button does play the appropriate note, though.

Similarly for the Subharmonicon, plus sequencer won't run here at all. Engaging the Trigger button generates the note as well. The PLAY and EG buttons are lit, of course.

There is certainly some kind of typical trap door here I am fallen into, I suppose. Is there a classical error one can make? What can I have done wrong?

T.I.A. & best regards, Alexander

monte1299

Re: Subharmonicon + DFAM: no sound at all trying one of the patches from Moog

Post by monte1299 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:34 pm

Hello! I'm having the same issue with my subharmonicon. When I hold down the trigger button, I hear the expected sound, but if I hit play on the sequencer, I just hear muffled pops. If I turn up the attack and decay envelopes, I eventually will hear sound, but it will be different than I wanted. If holding trigger plays the sound correctly, why would having the sequencer trigger the sound be any different?

I am totally new to synths - so I'm sure this is user error somehow - I'm just stuck trying to figure it out. Thanks for your help!