Matriarch Firmware v 1.1.0 Update Issue

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
benruiz74

Matriarch Firmware v 1.1.0 Update Issue

Post by benruiz74 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:00 pm

I just got my Matriarch on 5/5. Before realizing that I already had the latest firmware, I tried updating to v1.1.0 and I think this caused an issue. My Rate LED light is stuck flashing Red / Green and I can longer play my Matriach. I am not too sure how long before I hear back from Moog. Any suggestions on what to do?

Todd129

Re: Matriarch Firmware v 1.1.0 Update Issue

Post by Todd129 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:50 pm

Any resolution to this? I have the same issue now. Update stops on blinking orange.
todd billeci
multimedia artist
research chemist
derreennatra
skull, county cork
ireland p81vk37
http://toddbilleci.com

tenebre6

Post by tenebre6 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:29 pm

I have the same issue. Any resolution?

eirikurc

Post by eirikurc » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:18 pm

Seriously though,

same issue this is bloody frustrating i just bought this thing was able to play with it for about 20 mins before i foolishly tried to update the firmware now its litterally frozen with the arp rate indicator stuck flashing green/red and my synctap, pingpong, multitrig lights are also frozen in the on position (may have been coincidentally on when it frozen or may indicate something) as well as every other function frozen non responsive keys dont work, reboot doesnt work, trying to update the firmware again doesnt work, trying to revert back to an older version of firmware doesnt work.

This is really frustrating,

hudri

Post by hudri » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:04 pm

Luckily, the Matriarch firmware update procedure is very safe and it is nearly impossible to really brick your synth.
The bootloader is not touched during a normal firmware update, so you can start over at any time, and send the files again, in that order:
* INVALIDATE overwrites the checksum of the old firmware and reboots into the bootloader (arp led blinks green/red).
* ERASE erases the flash sectors where firmware is stored (but leaves the bootloader intact) (arp led blinks green)
* FIRMWARE_vx.y.z is being sent, the arp led blinks orange.
If one of the files is not received correctly, or is received out of sequence, it is simply ignored, and you can start over with the INVALIDATE file.

If your arp led blinks green/red, it means the ERASE file was not processed. Try that again, and if it does not work, check the files (or download again), the sending software and the cables.

Markyboard

Post by Markyboard » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:13 pm

If you're using Midi Ox after you send the first file (Invalidate) you have to close out and re-open Midi Ox. This was the only way I found to re-establish communication with the Matriarch. Just selecting the ports again didn't do it and I had the same problem you guys described.

moogy_j

Post by moogy_j » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:21 pm

Markyboard wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:13 pm If you're using Midi Ox after you send the first file (Invalidate) you have to close out and re-open Midi Ox. This was the only way I found to re-establish communication with the Matriarch. Just selecting the ports again didn't do it and I had the same problem you guys described.
This is exactly what happened to me also. It looked like it was sending the firmware, but it wasn't connected to the matriarch anymore. Needed to restart Midi Ox.

Also - make sure you set a pause between buffers to not overwhelm the matriarch.

John
FuzzyCat Software - Software tools for musicians - www.fuzzy-cat.com

"Chonky" - free global parameter manager software for the Moog Matriarch and Grandmother - www.fuzzy-cat.com/products

moogy_j

Post by moogy_j » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:37 pm

Below are my settings for Midi Ox sysex settings:

John

MidiOx Sysex Settings.png
MidiOx Sysex Settings.png (10.51 KiB) Viewed 3893 times
FuzzyCat Software - Software tools for musicians - www.fuzzy-cat.com

"Chonky" - free global parameter manager software for the Moog Matriarch and Grandmother - www.fuzzy-cat.com/products

benruiz74

Post by benruiz74 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:23 am

Solution: Moog had me slow down the rate of transfer of the firmware update to my Matriarch. That resolved my issue

dangerous

Post by dangerous » Fri May 20, 2022 12:58 am

That's great that they were able to fix the issue but at the same time that's a shocking response time!