Matriarch sequencer with Modular Quantiser- help needed

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
Royalston2

Matriarch sequencer with Modular Quantiser- help needed

Post by Royalston2 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:28 am

Hi,
I'm trying to write a sequence on the matriarch, send it out via CV to a eurorack quantiser, then send the CV back (quantised to certain key) to the Matriarch and have it play. I can do this, but the notes playing back are always out of key (I have other synths playing back the same sequence at the same time,)

So Matriarch sequencer - Seq CV out -> Euro Quantiser -> Oscillator Pitch Cv in= wrong notes playing back

The sequencer or the keyboard seems to affect the pitch of the incoming CV, even though the CV pitch of the oscillators is being controlled directly from the quantised CV.

If I disable the sequencer controlling the oscillators it solves this problem BUT then i can't hear the sequencer when I'm trying to write a sequence..... which makes using the sequencer very tricky.

Any ideas on a setting I'm missing here?
Thanks

Locosynth

Re: Matriarch sequencer with Modular Quantiser- help needed

Post by Locosynth » Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:42 am

The pitch cv inputs on the oscillators sum with the keyboard cv at all times, so your sequencer output will sum with keyboard cv. I wish they had a way to disconnect the oscillators from the keyboard, for example you can’t drone an oscillator, it always tracks. That’s something I can do on my Voyager but not on Matriarch. You might try local control off, although I suspect it will still latch to a cv from the last input on the keyboard, but worth a shot.